Arduino in PragPub

I thought some of you'd like to know that Arduino is the focus of the April issue of PragPub, the free magazine for software developers from The Pragmatic Bookshelf.

PragPub is a hard-core software developers' magazine, so that's the approach we've taken to Arduino in this issue. We figure that serious developers want to get into this popular open-source electronics prototyping platform, but don't want to have to work with development tools designed for artists and hobbyists. So Arduino master Maik Schmidt, author of Arduino: A Quick-Start Guide (http://pragprog.com/refer/pragpub22/titles/msard/arduino), shows how to develop software for Arduino in a professional way. Ian Dees gets into the act, too, showing how to bring serious software testing to the Arduino. Just because it’s a hobby doesn’t mean you don’t need power tools.

For anyone who's ever been curious about Arduino, here's a chance to dive deep. PragPub is free and carries no advertising, just information to improve developers' lives. You can read it on the web, download a pdf, or read it in native formats on your Kindle, iBook, iPad, or other mobile device. And it's available now at PragPub Archives from The Pragmatic Bookshelf.

I'm telling you about this because I think it will be of interest to you. I hope you'll think it will be of interest to others, too, and that you'll pass it along.

Thanks for reading,

Mike Swaine
mike@swaine.com