Cant upload anything to MKR Vidor4000

I've tried every possible solution I have found on line including unistalling arduino and reinstalling to no avail. I keep getting an error that says:

Can not compile to board Arduino MKR Vidor 4000.

For some reason It wont compile or upload to the MKR Vidor. Please HELP!

When you encounter an error you'll see a button on the right side of the orange bar "Copy error messages". Click that button. Paste the error in a message here using code tags (</> button on the forum toolbar).

Hi,

I am just uploading a video, as I spend 3 days working it out. Almost done. I will keep you posted.

Hi,

I was having problems with uploading sketches to Arduino MKR Vidor 4000. I would like to share with you my experience.

Appart of what I am doing in the video I also had to make a clean installation of Arduino IDE 1.8.7.

I had to remove all the instances of Arduino from:
c:\users\YourUserName\AppData(hidden folder)\Local\Packages
also
..My Documents\Arduino\libraries\

After unpacking an Arduino IDE 1.8.7, I only installed the board.

At first, I was able to upload the sketch and Vidor was working. After first upload it was dead. It took me 3 days to work it out, so if you want to save your self a bit of time, just watch the video. I still don't know why it is doing it.

Sometimes I can upload the sketch without pressing the power button twice. Sometimes I can see COM Port 9 and 15, sometimes only 9 or 15. It just does whatever it wants at the moment.

Here is the link, but YouTube is still processing my Video. I hope that it will help you.

Hi,
It seems to me you're using pi camera 2.0 which is not supported now. We are supporting 1.3 only at the moment. If your camera is 1.3 then please let me know which HDMI monitor you're using as the issue may be that it consumes too much power over the 5v, whereas HDMI 5v.outout should just source minimal current. Likely to what's happening is that your PC is disabling the port due to overcurrent.
Note that it's normal that you see two different ports between bootloader and application as the board identifies differently. The button doubletap is needed only if when you're in app more and try to upload, the board fails to switch to bootloader automatically. This doesn't seem to be the case at least from the video you posted

Caine78:
Here is the link, but YouTube is still processing my Video. I hope that it will help you.

https://youtu.be/6VxpaGCmA1Q

I had same kind of problems with shipped bootloader. After updating it the program uploading started to work better (didn't have any problems after that)

DarioPennisi:

1. It seems to me you're using pi camera 2.0 which is not supported now.

2. please let me know which HDMI monitor you're using as the issue may be that it consumes too much power over the 5v, whereas HDMI 5v.outout should just source minimal current. Likely to what's happening is that your PC is disabling the port due to overcurrent.

3. Note that it's normal that you see two different ports between bootloader and application as the board identifies differently. The button doubletap is needed only if when you're in app more and try to upload, the board fails to switch to bootloader automatically. This doesn't seem to be the case at least from the video you posted

Dear Dario.

1. Yes. I know that it is not supported. I was even trying to write my own library.
  2. I am using Philips 273V and I was also using a splitter for HDMI. I do have a view, but it is only 1 pixel. After I wrote my own library, I have Arduino logo on the screen.
  3. What I meant in the video, in the past I had both ports display in Device Manager. This Arduino plays with me. I am assuming that the issue is with the software, as depends of which soft version I am using, the different outcome I have. Lack of good documentation also doesn't help.

I recorded a video and created the post for this issue to address it. I have no idea why my post was merged with this post as they are not related to each other. I have a completely different problem and the post meant to help others to have some idea what is going on. As the post is now a comment under somebody else post, nobody is watching my video. I try to help others, but I am prevented from doing so.

I just noticed one thing from video. It seems that HDMI is creating some load for USB powering. Green led is dim and when you disconnect HMDI then it's bright green. So USB is limiting current or regulator isn't enough big.

Edit:
If you look schematics you notice HDMI +5V is connected directly to USB +5V.
There are 2 possibilities. Bad cable that can't handle the current or USB host is limiting current to device.