Power Consumption

I am working on an project that requires power for these parts: sensor SHT15, RN-XV Wifly Module, CO2 Meter sensor, TSL2561 sensor,Breakout board for electred microphone, RTC (DS1307), sd card, and Wireless SD Shield.

I would like very much you to give me tips on how to calculate consumption the my project.

Thank you in advance!

Rita

I would like very much you to give me tips on how to calculate consumption the my project.

Look up the current consumption in the data sheet of each device and add them up.

Grumpy_Mike:

Look up the current consumption in the data sheet of each device and add them up.

And do I have to consider the consumption of arduino? Just only the total current consumption of each device?

And do I have to consider the consumption of arduino?

Of course. It is just one of the devices.

AWOL:

And do I have to consider the consumption of arduino?

Of course. It is just one of the devices.

Ok... But how do I know the consumption of arduino uno?

You could measure it.

I'd allow around 60mA for the board with nothing connected to it.

AWOL:
You could measure it.

I'd allow around 60mA for the board with nothing connected to it.

Excuse my ignorance but I'm doing a final course work and had little electronics so I'm a bit lost! How do I measure? Using an ammeter? So I can not measure the total consumption with sensors and everything?

Yes, just put your ammeter in series.
On some meters you need to put the probes in a different socket.
Start with the highest current range, and work downwards

So I can not measure the total consumption with sensors and everything?

You can but this is not what you asked, you said:-

how to calculate consumption the my project.

Grumpy_Mike:

So I can not measure the total consumption with sensors and everything?

You can but this is not what you asked, you said:-

how to calculate consumption the my project.

Maybe I have not explained well ... My objective is to size a battery and for that I need to know the total consumption (sensor + arduino) right? I've tried a battery with 7Ah but discharged last half hour ...

You pulled 14 amps?

What the hell have you got connected?

AWOL:
You pulled 14 amps?

What the hell have you got connected?

Connected to the arduino uno have a temperature sensor and relative humidity (SHT15), RN-XV WiFly Module, a sensor CO2 Meter, illuminance sensor (TSL2561), a electred microphone, RTC (DS1307), sd card and Wireless SD Shield. My project is to make reading of data recorded by the sensors, record them on sd card and sends them to your computer via wifi.
The battery can not be good because it is very strange that it happened ... When I calculated the consumption of sensors (considered the maximum current they consume) gave me around 80 mA, not considering the sd card (which I think is around 100 mA) or consumption of arduino!

Wait a minute, heavy duty D cells are rated up to 14Ah, but only for tiny currents.
What sort of battery were you using?

AWOL:
Wait a minute, heavy duty D cells are rated up to 14Ah, but only for tiny currents.
What sort of battery were you using?

The battery used was a Diamec DM 12-7; 12V7AH/20HR. It is a battery acid.

Datasheet: http://diamec.com.hk/PublishWebSite/Manton/gallery/26b696ac-cbc9-4249-9027-dabfa83f8b63.pdf

Max discharge rate for 5 secretary

? :astonished:

AWOL:

I also not know what that means ...
This battery was what was available to bind to arduino to see how long it could handle! As discharged so quickly and with no other available I was asked to calculate the total consumption in order to get a sense of the battery I can use ... But being complicated ...

AWOL:

Actually I don't I want to know what that means, sounds like a female problem of some kind. :wink:

Rita:
This battery was what was available to bind to arduino to see how long it could handle! As discharged so quickly and with no other available I was asked to calculate the total consumption in order to get a sense of the battery I can use ... But being complicated ...

Was the battery charged?

Shpaget:

Rita:

Was the battery charged?

Yes it was charged ...