Identifying IC - Atmel622 ??

Well I was desoldering components from jammed electronics but then I've found an IC named Atmel622. I want to know what type of IC is? Is it a EEPROM?? And if it's not much of a problem can someone post the circuit or a way to interface it with the arduino?? I tried searching around but with no luck and even tried to reverse eng but again no luck! Thanks in advance

Hi google Atmel 622 and see what comes up.
Tom... :slight_smile:

DarkxDroid:
Well I was desoldering components from jammed electronics but then I've found an IC named Atmel622. I want to know what type of IC is? Is it a EEPROM?? And if it's not much of a problem can someone post the circuit or a way to interface it with the arduino?? I tried searching around but with no luck and even tried to reverse eng but again no luck! Thanks in advance

Package? Pin count? Photo?

As I said before: I tried to find information on this but could not find it!
Well it's a 8 pin IC with 4 pins at both sides!
Model: Atmel622 93C46 - SU27 A
I think it's this IC:

But mine is a SMD version meaning it's smaller and obviously a different model

(deleted)

Yeah I think that's it, the last model on the sheet! The 8-lead TSSOP

Thanks Men! ]:smiley:

I got one last question:
Are the pins 5(ground) and 6(internal organization) connected together?? Because in the wiring on the PBC those 2 are connected on the same line

Hi, I'm sorry guys but did anybody do what I suggested in post 2, and google.
Google came up with the spec sheet straight away.
We can help you but you need to do a bit of work first.
Now go back and google amtel 622, bingo its not rocket science.

Tom..... =(

Sorry men I'm new to EEPROM, NOR or NAND since It' was a coincidence I tried to identify the chip to try and use it. But thanks to those not complaining about my anxious of learning I was able to gather enough information to use another type of EEPROM with 32MB (the other was only 1k) I found it on a Linksys Router ]:slight_smile: Thanks to all that contributed

Btw: I think that spamming someones post with useless speeches without knowing the details it's a bad manner and should be moderated! That's understandable if the question is out of context, not proper forum or if asking stupid question but I don't think that was my case. People learn from forums like this and from stupid questions I know that someone learned something with post like that, don't be so arrogant because there is always someone better than you! If you don't know the answer at least point to a specific article about the target in question.