Arduino with atmega 16/32 - status?

There's been lots of discussions revolving around an arduino board using the atmega32/16 as its controller. I'm going quite dizzy touring the forum on all the topics involving this one, and I'd be really grateful if soemeone could tell me what the current status of this venture is.. Does a board like that exist?
I've seen the Sanguino, but that's with a Atmega644P, not compatible with the runofthemill atm32s right?

bump

There's been lots of discussions revolving around an arduino board using the atmega32/16 as its controller.

Where? The standard chip on the Arduino is the ATMega328. This is an upgrade to the formerly standard ATMega168.

http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1161487016
I was merely referring to the fact that this stretches to 6 pages :stuck_out_tongue:

I was merely referring to the fact that this stretches to 6 pages

Not to dampen your hopes, but I suspect the 'official' Arduino team would not ever build in support for a processor that the Arduino company doesn't make and sell. What you might find is some individual or other company may work on the necessary modifications to the Arduino core files needed to support that processor. That is how the Sanguino support became available, but it's not shipped in the official arduino IDE release even now. So your best bet is to contact posters directly that have stated they or may someday work on such a project.

Lefty

True.. Thanks anyway :slight_smile: