Learning about Electronics.

@Nekomancer, you'll have many valuable opinions from us here, but in the end you need to figure out what works for you.

Whatever keeps you spending time Doing and Learning how Invisible Electricity and Invisible Code can be made understandable and be made to create new things... that's what works for you.

Every really good job starts out with you (or me) saying, "I don't know how to do this". There are jobs that you can be totally ready for each morning. Cashier at Walmart. Oil changer at JiffyLube. You don't want those jobs.

You want jobs you don't know how to do. Then figure it out.

Eventually you'll get used to it, so you hardly think about it.

You will need to find your own work style. Do you work best with and need other people and teams? Or are you at your most comfortable and productive when you are head-down on a problem and have total concentration? The world needs both kinds of Engineers and Scientists. Over time you can stretch yourself across multiple roles. I have built a commercial broadcast station single-handedly and I've lead a team of 25 people developing hardware and software for an IBM semiconductor test system. Those were both uncomfortable for me in different ways, but I learned a lot. Don't just go for the most comfortable roles.

OK. Did It Again. What my kids call "Dad's Lectureous Mode"!

PS: Email me and I'll point you to some material that may help.