PoolDuino - Automate my pool with Arduino

regarding my water leveler failing, since i'm using this sprinkler solenoid, if we loose electricity while it fills the pool, the water will stop! that's what's cool about it.

Ok so a few things. Those are not pretty, just basic drawing I'm doing to help myself understand where I'm going with this. again, basic!

First diagram is the logical flows for the water level. I want to make sure I cover every states of the software, to prevent any failure. I'm hoping to have more success with the ethernet shield since you pointed out some of them are failing.

Imgur

second picture is something i'm still not sure about. I'd like to come up with some sump tank where I could put all my equipments. If you're familiar with salt water aquarium tank, that's what we use (sump tank) for the monitoring/filtering stuff. This small tank would probably be a cylinder with a radius of 6-8 inches, 2-3 foot tall, and have a pipe (3-4 inches) to connect it to the pool. The pipe would need some angle to prevent water staying in during winter. I would also get some portion of the water output from the pump in the tank to get a fresh read on every probe. The temperature would be higher than the rest of the pool, but that's alright if you know and can take this into consideration.

Imgur

Dave, I saw on your website that you're logging the water temperature. Which probe do you use? I was planning to use a/some LM35DZ and encapsulate them like this guy did:

talk to you later!