Go Down

Topic: Sloeber/CDT/Eclipse/Me problem? (Read 160 times) previous topic - next topic

rshields

Hello. I am frustrated with a invalid arguments semantic error I am getting from Eclipse working on a small library for an Arduino project.  I am very, very rusty programming in C++ and I am trying out the Sloeber plugin for Eclipse (loving it so far!) so I am not even certain where my problem lies but odds are great that I am just doing something stupid due to how much I have forgotten about C++.

This screenshot shows the issue pretty clearly, I think.  Lines 48 and 49 both get the invalid argument error but it sure looks to me like I am passing a correct arg (int).  Indeed, I completed these lines using the autocomplete suggestion drop-down list in Eclipse.  Line 53 is just from me experimenting and noticing that the problem only seems to happen when I call a member function with an argument.  Calling one with no args does not raise a flag.

I have been combing through my old C++ reference books trying to find what I am missing here, but if anyone in this community can offer some tips on what to look for I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

PaulS

This screenshot shows the issue pretty clearly, I think.
I don't. The text in the picture is too small and fuzzy for me to read.

The this pointer is used, in C++ to distinguish a member field from a local variable, or argument, of the same name. In most cases, it is far better to NOT use the name of a member variable as an argument, so that you don't need to populate your code with all those this->s.

I copied your picture, and I can't see why Eclipse is complaining about that call. But, then, Eclipse can see your header file, and I can't. If getTempWithBeta() is defined in the header file as taking an int and returning a double, as it is implemented, then Eclipse is wrong about there being a problem.

If getTempWithBeta() is defined with some other signature, then the implementation is wrong, and Eclipse may have a valid point.
The art of getting good answers lies in asking good questions.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy