TVout to Computer Monitor Using VGA to RCA

I am trying to use http://www.ebay.com/itm/180663660950?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2092wt_1270 to connect the Arduino TVout library to an external computer monitor, but it's not working. When I plug it in, nothing shows up, but when I disconnect it it says "check video cable." Also whenever I connect it the monitor goes into sleep mode. Why don't I see anything? I am using the Arduino Duemilanove, Arduino IDE version 1.0. Also I am using NTSC and the resolution of 120x96.

VGA to S-Video/RCA Converter Adapter cable for TV,AV

What you need is S-Video/RCA to VGA Converter Adapter cable for TV,AV, which I think will cost more.

Magician:

VGA to S-Video/RCA Converter Adapter cable for TV,AV

What you need is S-Video/RCA to VGA Converter Adapter cable for TV,AV, which I think will cost more.

Actually - something like a VGA digital tuner; those generally allow you to tune in digital TV, and have composite inputs (sometimes)...

The question, though, is "why" - I mean, the TVOut library makes things somewhat easy, but for the OP: You have seen the work done on VGA output (b/w and color) with an Arduino, right?