Karma is back

SurferTim:
Maybe I was not clear. Quantity does not guarantee quality.
Nor does it preclude it. I would suggest that there is no direct correlation between post counts and post quality. Karma attempts to measure one thing and post count measures something else. One is free to use such metrics, or not, as you wish.

Paying someone to post is not a good way to get forum participation. Not worthless to you, but totally worthless to me. Just my opinion.
Well it was a one time thank you from the Arduino folks and I'm pretty sure it won't be repeated ever again, at least not based on post counts. The forum was already very large with growing membership so I don't think trying to 'buy forum participation' was a reason for them doing it.

edit:
@retrolefty: I was not referring to your participation in the forum.
I assumed you weren't. But as you did not name names there is no why that I can see if your negative attitude towards displaying total post counts is reasonable or not. :wink:

I think you and many others do a fine job. I did not need to see your post count to tell that. Same with fat16lib. Unlike you, and even me, he has a very low post count, because his posts are quality.

Well I always read the post contents before deciding if I think a posting is worthwhile or not. I just think you feel that total post counts implies something other then what it actually measures. To me the only possible implication I might take away from my post count is that I don't have a real life. :wink: