Go Down

Topic: [done] Feature Request (Read 237 times) previous topic - next topic

gregorss

Jan 27, 2018, 05:39 pm Last Edit: Jan 28, 2018, 03:09 am by gregorss
Hi there!

I often turn off my monitor while being online. But I have a small RPi running Linux which shows me if I have unread e-mails using a very small and simple utility.

It would be nice if I was able to check if I have new alerts via a shellscript or so.

What do you think?

Greets

Gregor
DU MUSST DEIN ÄNDERN LEBEN!

pert

Forum sends you emails. Your system already shows when you have emails. Problem solved.

gregorss

Forum sends you emails. Your system already shows when you have emails. Problem solved.
Yes, I get mailed if I configure this. An alternative could be to define that topics I post in would be set to "Receive E-Mails" instead of "Receive Alerts".

The difference is that I know that I only receive alerts in the Arduino forum. An e-mail can be from anywhere/anyone.

Greets

Gregor

pert

An alternative could be to define that topics I post in would be set to "Receive E-Mails" instead of "Receive Alerts".
Yes, you can do this via Profile > Forum Settings > Settings > Notifications > Notification Preferences.

The difference is that I know that I only receive alerts in the Arduino forum. An e-mail can be from anywhere/anyone.
But only emails from the Arduino forum will be sent from webmaster@arduino.cc.

gregorss

Yes, you can do this via Profile > Forum Settings > Settings > Notifications > Notification Preferences.
Uh. Well, sometimes my brain is not that reliable. Thanks!

Greetings

Gregor

Go Up