Go Down

Topic: " Introductory tutorials " topic (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

ballscrewbob

Not in 100% agreement Larry...

There are those that will go to an all you can eat buffet and not take much and those that would gorge at every option and then there are the ones who pick out things they specifically want to try.

Nothing wrong with a varied menu in this instance but I do see what you are saying and YES a larger majority want a quick McYucks from the drive thru.

Even the "googlers" would look at a gourmet menu if it had something to interest them.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Robin2

Feb 09, 2018, 06:10 pm Last Edit: Feb 09, 2018, 06:11 pm by Robin2
They won't even read a portion of the the 20.

Heck 99% want immediate satisfaction never be heard from again, until they need something.
That is certainly not a justification for having a limitless number of tutorials.

If there are 5 or 10 (or 20, at a stretch) it is reasonable to complain if a newbie does not at least open the section and read the titles.

Or are you saying that you think the whole idea of introductory tutorials is a waste of time and effort? That could be a perfectly valid point of view.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

larryd

Or are you saying that you think the whole idea of introductory tutorials is a waste of time and effort?
More like frustration.

I like very much like the idea of having the new forum, just as I like stickies that have important links in one place.
However it does seem that these tools are sometimes appreciated more by the helpers than by the helped.

If I/we believed it was a waste of time we wouldn't be volunteers here.
You obviously get something from your many contributions to the forums.
I have always tried to help with improving others learning (including my own).
I probably get more more than I give.
Waste of time, no, otherwise I would not be here.

Having things in one spot is a good thing.
Limiting things to a number is a problem.

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

Go Up