Go Down

Topic: TFT 2.4" display  (Read 87 times) previous topic - next topic

af1812

Hello, I have a tft 2.4" display just like this one: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-use-24-inch-TFT-LCD-SPFD5408-with-Arduino-U/It uses SPI.

I am trying to understand the labels on the pin of the display. Alone with LCD_CS I assume this is CS in SPI, and LCD_RST, I assume this is Rest in SPI,
but what are LCD_WR, LCD_RS and LCD_RD? Are they similar to MOSI, MISO in SPI terminologies? Thanks.

david_prentice

No,   they are "Mcufriend Uno Shields" and use the 8080-8 style 8-bit parallel interface.

LCD_CS is Chip-Select for the TFT LCD.   and uses 8080 style parallel bus.
SD_CS is Chip-Select for the microSD card.   and uses SPI.

For several years,  websites and tutorials described these as SPFD5408.    I had never seen one with a genuine SPFD5408 controller.
However this last summer real SPFD5408 Shields appeared on the Ebay market.

David.

af1812

Thanks for the reply.
I'm not sure what a Mcufriend Uno Shields is. But does it mean that it is not a standard SPI compatible?
The reason I ask because I am try to use it on a raspberry pi as display, Does it mean it wouldn't work?

david_prentice

Go on.   I don't expect you to be an electrical expert.

But whatever country you come from you should be able to read "mcufriend.com" printed on the Red pcb.
And you should be able to count how many pins are printed LCD_xxx.

Then count how many GPIO are available on a Raspberry Pi.

I don't have a Raspberry Pi.   If it contained Arduino headers to receive an Arduino Shield I would have bought an RaspPi and supported MCUFRIEND_kbv library on it

David.

Go Up