Servo angle rotation

Hi,

I'm on the verge of buying a couple of servos from hobbyking.
This is the link to the servo: Radio Control Planes, Drones, Cars, FPV, Quadcopters and more - Hobbyking
I chose it because it's cheap and has a 4 star rating. I'm using these servos for a Rubik's cube project.

The question is, will it rotate to 180 degrees? If not, is there a chance of making this servo to work at 180 degrees or even 360 degrees. I don't want to rotate continuously without knowing it's position, that's not what I want. Just at a certain degree, with more free angles.

And if it's no way of making this type of servo do what I want to do, is there any other type of servo that can do this?

Hope for an ASAP answer,
RobertEagle

Is there anyone who knows something about this servo?

You see, I must make the order in about 10-12 hours, and I don't want to return the product to the retailer. It would also cost me the transport and maybe not be able to participate at the contest.

So, if you have time, could you check my topic and give me an answer?

Thank you a lot,
RobertEagle

I'm seldom one to knock a good buy and known somewhat for impulsive buys because, hey it's so cheap, but a $2.60 servo just does not sound like something I would trust. I don't want to think of the cost savings cuts made to be able to retail at that price. I would pass on that one.

Lefty

It's a sad fact that the sites that sell regular hobby servos very rarely tell you the range they can turn through. For your purposes, you might look at sail winch servos which generally do give that information and can usually do 360 degrees or considerably more.

and I don't want to return the product to the retailer. It would also cost me the transport and maybe not be able to participate at the contest.

Well, you don't have much choice. Gamble the $2.60.

It would be not a problem if I would have to gamble 2,60. But there are 11 servos.

If you say, you would pass that kind of servo, than what would you suggest? I don't have such a big budget.
What about this one? : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=16269

Thank you for your support,
RobertEagle

RobertEagle:
It would be not a problem if I would have to gamble 2,60. But there are 11 servos.

If you say, you would pass that kind of servo, than what would you suggest? I don't have such a big budget.
What about this one? : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=16269

Thank you for your support,
RobertEagle

You are asking me to make a subjective judgement on servos I've never owned, so I can't really spend your money effectively for you. If I needed 11 servos I would certainly only first buy one of these cheap ones to see if they actually will perform in your specific project, before committing to buying ten more.

I was used to paying $20+ for standard R/C servos for several decades and the best ones would sell for >$30-50, often including metal gear trains, ball bearings rather then sleeve bearings, higher quality feedback pots using conductive film and high torque motors, etc. You tend to get what you pay for in this world. Now the Asian electronics revolution has driven prices down so the old price guides don't necessarily apply these days, but again without first hand experience with under $10 servos, I've would be cautious.

Lefty

They move 180 degrees. It should work fine. I prefer the turnigy 9 gram servo's, myself. They are precise enough for helicopter use.
Hobby king tech support is very good. The on line chat function is helpfull.
Personally, I order a lot of servos and other parts from them. Can't beat the price, products are usually pretty good. Read the reviews before buying there. The bad products are called out pretty quick!