Arduino+iPhone

Hello, dear readers.

I'am intrested in project whitch is called: "Control servos and leds with Arduino via iPhone". So, has anyone done this before and have any ideas, how to control Arduino with iPhone? Do I need some apps in iPhone, software in pc or some hardware? An example: I would like to open my room doors with iPhone. Simple click in iPhone, some communication between iPhone -> Arduino -> Servo and my doors are opened. How can I do this?

Thanks for answering

There's lots of ways to do this...what you may want to do is get a WiFi shield for your Arduino, have it run a small web server, listen for web requests then do the hardware magic.

Alternatively, you can run the web server on a PC and have it communicate with the Arduino via the serial port. This would be cheaper than the WiFi shield, but obviously requires a PC that's close to the Arduino and turned on all the time.

As far as an app for the iPhone goes, you could either write one yourself or use something like Ciao (http://ciaoapp.com/) or just use Safari to talk to the web server on the Arduino.

What you want to do is totally possible, but will require some work. My advise is to get the project working in parts. First get the servers working with the Arduino directly, then add the WiFi, then the web server, etc.

Good luck!

I've got a friend who can operate my web cam below with her iphone when she has a wifi net connection. This servo control setup is not an arduino, but it could be duplicated with an arduino and a 100 ohm resistor.

http://web.comporium.net/~shb/wc2000-PT-script.htm

Thanks for your advice. I would like to use web server. Can you, please, explain me, how to create, use and communicate web server with arduino step by step? I don't really know, from where to start.

Thank you!

binfazen:
Thanks for your advice. I would like to use web server. Can you, please, explain me, how to create, use and communicate web server with arduino step by step? I don't really know, from where to start.

There are TONS of resources and tutorials already on the web. Why not start with some of those and then ask specifc questions.

I would like to do something like that: iPhone controlled garage door opener using Arduino - YouTube

So, my questions are: how to create a php page? how to communicate between arduino and php page?

Thanks!

So, my questions are: how to create a php page?

Down the street is the Ford dealer. Maybe they can help you.

how to communicate between arduino and php page?

Well, that all depends on where the PHP page is, doesn't it? If it is on a nearby PC, and the Arduino is connected to the PC, then write to the serial port, and the PHP script can read that (as long as the PC is not running Windoze.

If the PHP script is on a web server, than you need an Ethernet shield.