NOt finding ACTUAL HEX FILE

Hello to all,
i was in need of the HEX file of the compiled program that i write from the arduino IDE ,However the temp(Start>Run>%temp%) folder where the program HEX file i found was too large that the actual file size which arduino IDE Flashed in Atmega, IDE defined file size to be about 6kb approximately however the HEX file i got from Start>Run>%temp%>respected folder was about 19 KB is size.

i want the actual 6KB size HEX file.

Regards,
Nishant Sood :o

The HEX file will always be at least twice the size of the compiled program. I suggest you use the file's timestamp and name rather than the size to determine which is the correct file.

What i did is kept the TEMP window open while i was compiling and flashing the program into the ATmega using the Arduino IDE ,then i saw all the file coming with the specific button's i did clicked on the IDE , also i saw an assembler file being manufactured and suddenly going out and then a folder placed with various C++,O,HEX format file(which had one C++,HEX file), but every file had a cpp added to it so the HEX file was like xyz.cpp.hex so it means it is the hex of c++ file,i think but dn;t know where is the 6KB file.

At this point you will need to define what you mean by "HEX file".

At this point you will need to define what you mean by "HEX file".

I think he might think there is a binary file stored that is an exact copy of the compiled code loaded to the arduino. There is no such file.

Lefty

yes the same binary file that is the exact copy of the code and is ACTUALLY uploaded to the system. can it be accessed and loaded into the chip as i will be using the serial programmer and PONYPROG to load my sketch into the ATmega168's i have.

Regards,

From the PonyProg web site (PonyProg - Serial device programmer)...

Read/Write Intel hex format file as well as raw binary file

The dot-hex file you found in the temporary directory will work.

it will work but is too heavy , Binary file which the arduino prompts about uploading to the arduino board is about 6.8 kb and the .HEX is 19KB so i'll not be able to use the Atmega168 i have. :-/ :-/ :-?

here is :Binary sketch size: 6820 bytes (of a 32256 byte maximum)

it is shown when i load the sketch to ATmega 328 which came with my UNO.

so i'm asking for this 6820 bytes file!
By the way thanks CODING BADLy(whts your name?) for always replying to my queries.

Regards,

Intel hex format files are a text version of the binary image. A program like PonyProg takes the text hex file, converts the data to binary, and then uploads the binary data to the processor.

The 19KB hex file is a text version of the 6820 byte binary image. It's 19KB on your harddrive. It's 6820 bytes when it's uploaded to the processor.

Problem Solved!