IDE Variable MouseOver Feedback

Would it be possible to display the value of a variable when the mouse is moved over it?

I am thinking display it next to the line number in the bottom left corner. Additionally there are other key words in the IDE that this space could display information for. In short, this space could be used to show information the user would have to scroll to look up.

To all involved in the Arduino development past and present, my most sincere thanks. Great Work!

Would it be possible to display the value of a variable when the mouse is moved over it?

No. The IDE doesn't have ANY ability to read the values of variables in a running sketch. Most of the time, most variables don't even exist.

westfw:

No. The IDE doesn't have ANY ability to read the values of variables in a running sketch. Most of the time, most variables don't even exist.

Correct. I am talking at coding time with no processor connected. Or debugging - learning code you are not familiar with. I understand there is no run-time ability.

Say you have at code line 20, const int hoursinweek = 1234. Note variable could be some ambiguous name.
Say you have at code line 320, for (int i = 1; i <= hoursinweek; i++)

Now when the mouse x,y, moves over hoursinweek the window says "line 20 int hoursinweek = 1234".

I think I ran into this feature back with VB6. It was awesome when going threw someone else code.

I think there is a jewel here. If my communication skills are lacking i can wright it up in-depth if someone is interested.

Yes, it is a pretty common IDE feature to support showing the DEFINITION of a variable or function when you mouse-over it.
If the definition happens to include a value initialization, you'll see that too, but it's really NOT very close to "the value of the variable."