Arduino Ethernet (no shield) non programmabile.

Ciao a tutti, scrivo in italiano e in inglese per maggiore visibilità.

Ho acquistato un Arduino ethernet ma non riesco a programmarlo. Ho pure l'FTDI quindi ho seguito le istruzioni di questa guida per poterlo programmare.
Ho usato un Arduino Mega 2560 per aggiornare il bootloader e tutto è andato a buon fine. Però la IDE ancora non mi lascia caricare gli sketch dicendomi così:

avrdude: Yikes!  Invalid device signature.
         Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
         this check.

Uso l'Arduino IDE 0022ubuntu0.1 su ubuntu 11.10 a 64 bit, se qualcuno poi riesce pure a spiegarmi perché la IDE parte solo con i privilegi di root lo ringrazio infinitamente.

[English part]

Hi all,

I bought an Arduino ethernet but I can not program it. I have the FTDI cable and to use the Arduino ethernet I followed the instructions of this guide.
I used an Arduino Mega 2560 to upgrade the bootlader bootloader and everything works. But the IDE can not allow me to upload my sketch and says:

avrdude: Yikes!  Invalid device signature.
         Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
         this check.

I use the Arduino IDE 0022ubuntu0.1 on ubuntu 11.10 a 64bit, if anyone can suggest me why the IDE starts and works only in root mode I will thanks a lot.

Ciao!

My install did not set the user groups correctly. From a shell, enter 'groups' and see what user groups you have assigned. dialout and uucp are the main groups that affect the connection.

Now that you have all the "goodies" from the Ubuntu repository, you might want to try downloading IDE v1.0 from the Arduino site now. Unpack it into a local directory, then run the arduino shell script in that directory. That should run v1.0. If you run the Ubuntu-installed version from an icon, you get v0022.

See if you can run that version without requiring root login.

edit: This bug will also affect the ethernet code in both versions.
http://code.google.com/p/arduino/issues/detail?id=605
You might want to apply that fix if the ethernet interface crashes.

Thank you,

I solved all the problem by downloading the IDE 1.0 64 bit from the website.

Ciao!