Question about FAQ and Open Hardware.

Dear All, I've a little bastard question about arduino. On http://arduino.cc/en/Main/FAQ there is this Q&A:
"What do you mean by open-source hardware?
Open-source hardware shares much of the principles and approach of free and open-source software. In particular, we believe that people should be able to study our hardware to understand how it works, make changes to it, and share those changes. To facilitate this, we release all of the original design files (Eagle CAD) for the Arduino hardware. These files are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license, which allows for both personal and commercial derivative works, as long as they credit Arduino and release their designs under the same license.

The Arduino software is also open-source. The source code for the Java environment is released under the GPL and the C/C++ microcontroller libraries are under the LGPL. "
The question is: On the Arduino site I didn't find pages of microcontroller schematics 8), this is in conflict with the official open source definition above mentioned. Maybe it exists and I didn't find :sweat_smile: =( :astonished:? Kind Regards, Alessio. :slight_smile:

check section : Schematic & Reference Design

Ok. As you can see there's the name of a commercial processor. This means the hardware is not open source in the terms of the faq. To be compliant also the processor has to be open source. 8)

AlessioG:
To be compliant also the processor has to be open source. 8)

When you have designed one and have it in production at £2 per piece let us know.

...R

The design I$ open source and calls for a "specific" controller because That part meets the design specification
If this is an issue for your design purposes...
Pick one that does... It would also be good to verify that the control software is compatible with your choice of hardware and controller.
Much as the 'original' designer did..'

Doc

AlessioG:
To be compliant also the processor has to be open source.

Bollocks - you obviously know nothing about hardware.

The open source is the design not the components.

Any way what are you going to do if you think someone is not fulfilling the open source hardware conditions, sue them?

Thanks for the waste of time.

Robin2:

AlessioG:
To be compliant also the processor has to be open source. 8)

When you have designed one and have it in production at £2 per piece let us know.

...R

+1

Then there's the question of cleaving your own crystal

So...

Docedison:
The design I$ open source and calls for a "specific" controller because That part meets the design specification
If this is an issue for your design purposes...
Pick one that does... It would also be good to verify that the control software is compatible with your choice of hardware and controller.
Much as the 'original' designer did..'

Doc

Arduino IS NOT Open Source because its behaviour depends on a commercial product ]:). It look a trojan h. for selling a particular techonolgy. HA!.

P.s.
When you was babies I was building analogic neural networks ... ]:smiley:
Bye Bye.

When you was babies I was building analogic neural networks

When I was a baby, manned space flight was still in the future. :wink:

Back then did you grow your own germanium crystals, or blow your own vacuum valves (tubes)?

AWOL:

When you was babies I was building analogic neural networks

When I was a baby, manned space flight was still in the future. :wink:

Who are you the Doctor Who? :smiley:

No, I was in school before that started on TV

Germany Nazist invented the TV . Are you 'one century' techie? :wink:

Ok. I am designing a new completly open source project. Also the CPU will be open source based on LEON-4. :wink:

AlessioG:
Germany Nazist invented the TV . Are you 'one century' techie? :wink:

And Godwin's Law is proved.
Well done.

I forgot to ask - was the analogue neural net pneumatic, hydraulic or string and pulleys?
Bye bye.

Karma to you good sir, @AlessioG, for posting your obtuse rantings in the correct forum section.

Err, no, I moved it here.

AlessioG:
Ok. I am designing a new completly open source project. Also the CPU will be open source based on LEON-4. :wink:

Wow can't wait to see that. Mind you for some one who couldn't even find the Arduino schematics on the web site I guess it will be a long wait before we see anything.

When you was babies I was building analogic neural networks .

That is When you were babies I was building analogue neural networks .
Obviously when you were a baby you never learn correct grammar.

Anyway that is that is untrue, I was 12 when Dr. Who started on TV, I suspect it is you that is the baby given your level of understanding that you are showing.

AWOL:

[quote author=Coding Badly link=topic=251797.msg1783301#msg1783301 date=1403896869]
Karma to you good sir, @AlessioG, for posting your obtuse rantings in the correct forum section.

Err, no, I moved it here.[/quote]

Ugh. Sometimes seeing the glass as half full just does not work out so well.

In that case...
Karma to you good sir, @AWOL, for being so tolerant of the oik.

for being so tolerant of the oik.

The oik is now sending me emails ( not PMs on this site but direct emails ) bragging about how clever he is.

The oik is banned and on a watch list.
I really, really can't be bothered with this bellicose troll shit.

Karma to you good sir, @AWOL, for being so tolerant of the oik.

The karma really ought to be revoked.