Idiot spammers

Just got this email spam:

We want to put a great big grin on your face in 2009. You'll be to rejoice all year.

Massive fail for whoever took some boilerplate and didn't even bother to check the year in it.

Maybe they're serious and they invented an Aruino powered time machine?

I read that they purposely make them really stupid because they are targeting the truly gullible.

Much of that stuff is so poorly done that I'm surprised that they get any bites at all.

Umm, no, wait. I'm not completely surprised. :smiley:

What I am surprised is to see that they get paid to do this kind of brain-dead job. What a waste of resources and brain mass.

An Arduino / Ethernet Spammer?

I'd hate to imagine a little Arduino or even a room full batch sending spam emails out lol

liudr:
What a waste of resources and brain mass.

I have the feeling the type of people that do this kind of stuff would not provide a signifigant amount of brain mass to the world anyway, we just got to get them thinking something else is a great scam platform

like millionaire death row prisoners who cant use a computer but are willing to fund opportunities if you just write them

Osgeld:
like millionaire death row prisoners who cant use a computer but are willing to fund opportunities if you just write them

Names? Numbers!?

Chagrin:

Osgeld:

Names? Numbers!?

Probably the same as the Nigerian Prince.

Or that pretty girl who keeps wanting to meet and marry me.

I often wonder how many sisters she has or why she's stalking me. Whatever town I visit and click some web-pages, when reading the advertisement she's never further away as 20 miles...

Damn! You guys get all the girls!

Sounds Chinglish. Maybe their English isn't so good. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe they're time travelers. Who had a massive grin in 2009?

I got another one today:

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal DOFUS account(s).
As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.
It will be ongoing for further investigation by 's employees.

Note that the spammer was too stupid to fill in the company name on his spam bot, so we get the "further investigation by 's employees" line.