I'm back! - What have you done?

cr0sh:
Oh - wow - there's a name I haven't seen in a while - a BIG WELCOME BACK!

Thanks.

Most of the changes in my life have been non-Arduino related - a couple of new jobs along the way, plus some free online classes in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.

Hmm, I fancy some free online classes like that!

I'm still working on my robot oh-so-ever-slowly. Purchased a couple new Arduino's (one was a Mega) - but haven't done anything with them besides testing. Bunch of other new electronic junk has been bought, too (just yesterday, went to a HAMFest and got a couple of Linksys NSLU2s devices - maybe something fun will come of those!).

Had to look those up - they look pretty funky - what are you considering doing with "a couple"? Surely one is all you need?

Anyhow - enough about me - what about YOU!? What happened - where/why'd you go? Anything you can say openly on the forum? If not, I'm sure we'll all understand...

I just had to do that work thing...

I used to watch every post that was posted on the forum (RSS will do that for you) and it had just got to the point where there were far too many to watch. This coincided with getting a new job (doing home automation and home cinema installs for people with more money than sense) which took up almost every hour I was awake because of travelling time.
So, for 12 months, almost everything stopped but work. Anyone who knows me a bit more will know I do mountain unicycling - and this took up the free weekends (those ones where I wasn't working anyway).

In July, a year after starting my new job, I decided the company was not somewhere I wanted to be so I moved on (don't get me wrong though, the work was, in theory, exactly what I wanted to do).
I took 6 weeks off while I moved house, then started my current job doing IT support for the local council.
Travelling time's down to 5 mins (by unicycle) and I don't work every conceivable hour in the day.

5 months on from that, I've got everything out of storage boxes and my desk is again covered in microcontrollers and my mind is brimming with projects.

Again - welcome back - I'm sure that some of the n00bs around here can use your advice and help...

Well, once I've taught myself how to use an Arduino again. :wink:

CrossRoads:
Got the card (2 actually) driving this Nike FuelBand display too.
http://www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17/Prototype_in_action.MOV

That looks... large. Aren't they meant to fit on your wrist?