What is your New Year's Resolution?

Finish all of my unfinished projects that are saved in my files.

Yeah, I finished a project before...

Just the one though. I still need to go update the software on it :smiley:

I think that'll be a good one for me too. Finish more projects!

Mowcius

I will stop harping on newbies for the need to use current limiting resistors for their LEDs, or the need for series resistor wired to base of their npn transistors. What are my chances of keeping that resolution? :wink:

Lefty

I will stop harping on newbies for the need to use current limiting resistors for their LEDs, or the need for series resistor wired to base of their npn transistors. What are my chances of keeping that resolution?

NONE ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

my resolution is to invlove my self more in studies :wink:
( 75% but still my dad is angry aat me :slight_smile: )

I like to keep it simple. 640*480 is fine with me.

I like to keep it simple. 640*480 is fine with me.

Bahahaha :smiley:

My resolution.. Set up an electronics workspace larger than the space taken up by my keyboard, by getting rid of my wood working stuff.

I actually made and kept last year's resolution. Which was to get back into programming, and make at least one useful program.

So if anybody wants to buy a wood lathe.... :wink:

So if anybody wants to buy a wood lathe....

I loved working with the wood lathe in high school, it was my favorite power tool in that shop class, making bowls and such. I really liked how easy it was to sand and finish work with the lathe.

But while I'm glad I experianced it, I have no desire to return to it now.

Lefty

Lathes are cool :sunglasses:

I know what you mean. It's nice to see a shape gradually forming as you watch. Especially in a nicely figured wood, with a pattern that nobody else has ever seen. And a bowl goes from a nondescript lump of wood to a nice shiny polished hardwood object in half an hour, while it takes days for some of my other projects to be done.
Sad to see it go. But this year I am determined to at the very least, offer it for sale on a woodworking forum. Promise...

Obviously you need a bigger workshop area, I suggest the wife's kitchen...

I mentioned this somewhere else...

I'm going to stop buying components until I've done stuff with what I've already got. I may buy bits needed in support of existing parts though (like I need a 12v - 180v transformer).

Same here. Sometimes I buy unecessary stuff and they are left unused.

I'm going to stop buying components until I've done stuff with what I've already got.

Agreed!

(like I need a 12v - 180v transformer).

I can sense some nixie tubes :wink:
[edit]I see from the other thread that my assumption was correct :slight_smile: Nixie Tubes![/edit]

Hah!

Alas Valalvax To use the wife's kitchen would require the acquisition of a wife. Selling my surplus tools and reclaiming the space works out waay cheaper. ;D

Holy Cowjam! :stuck_out_tongue:

I think that's the first time my name's been used as an expletive.

Sorry, I was being too Sarcastic :stuck_out_tongue: