High school robot need help PLEASE

I'm in charge on programing an wiring a robot for my school project and the teacher who ordered the parts did like no research on them before he bought them so now i need help connecting an Uno Rev 3 to a Hokuyo URG-04LX laser range finder, and a roboteq AX 3500 motor controller.
[ANY ONE HELP ME PLEASE

I should probably mention this is my first robot and the only reason i got is because no one else wanted it
but thanks just the same

Google is a wonderful tool - you should try it:
"Hokuyo URG-04LX Arduino"

First hit:
http://www.madajimmy.com/artikel/tutorial/59-interfacing-lidar-hokuyo-urg-04lx-ug01-to-arduino-with-usb-host-shield.html

Thanks I'd actually found that site on my own shortly after i posted my replay but the radar is no long an issue it's the motor controller that's making me pull my hair out

Google is your friend.

45 seconds later: http://www.roboteq.com/files_n_images/files/datasheets/ax3500datasheet.pdf

Do the things you can do yourself. Ask us about other stuff...

Lockon4077:
I should probably mention this is my first robot and the only reason i got is because no one else wanted it
but thanks just the same

Wait - are you saying a teacher at your school order approximated $4000.00 USD worth of robot parts - and then nobody wanted them - and then they gave them to you?

I certainly hope this isn't a public school - because as a taxpayer, I would be really incensed by that...

Unless you mean "give" as in "Hey, these are school property - but we'll lend them to you for the school year, and let's see what you make..."?

Regardless - do you realize what kind of an opportunity you have here? There are university students who would -kill- to have these kinds of resources to play with (heck, I wish I had the rangefinder alone for my own personal projects).

The teacher wants to skip the USB shield and just wire it right in to the board

Is this the same teacher who has his head up his ###?

Are you looking for a job for after you graduate? I'd suggest that with your attitude, your going to find it difficult to get hired, so you should start looking now.

I actually didn't post that some idiot in my class logged on while i was a way and posted it I'm actually quite professional.
But the teacher is a little hard to reason with

Lockon, please do us all a favour and lose the funky colo(u)rs and flying banners? 8)

I didn't see any mention of what you're expected to be doing with all that kit.... have you got some objective in mind or are you just experimenting?

[Paul's just being funny, he'd like a free laser too].

I'd be happy with a CNC machine, as an alternative. 8)

oric_dan(333):
If the laser and motor controller are orphans, please send them to me. They are
MUCH better items than I ever get to play with! And in return, I'll send you a little
$100 sumo robot that's all put together and works. Fair trade, as it has $4000
worth of s.w. development time.

Just kidding - yeah, read the datasheets first. That's what all the rest of us do.
[Paul's just being funny, he'd like a free laser too].

Also, I agree with J_Z. You can in fact go back and edit your original post, and kill
the banner.

Not going to happen

JimboZA:
Lockon, please do us all a favour and lose the funky colo(u)rs and flying banners? 8)

I didn't see any mention of what you're expected to be doing with all that kit.... have you got some objective in mind or are you just experimenting?

What the teacher whats is for it to avoid obstacles and move around on its own i guess i'm going to try and get a clear picture today and sorry about stuff like this and This
and yes I am doing this just to patronize you
but in all seriousness i', done with that

Ok what i need to know is if i can connect a USB hub that would be connected to the senor and motor controller to a shield and have that work probably

Ok what i need to know is if i can connect a USB hub that would be connected to the senor

Is the senor going to like having a USB hub attached to him?

the sensor needs a y usb cable meaning it as two normal usb plugs that it uses power and data
Really bad drawing below

HUB
cabel
|
|------------UNO
|
|
sensor

the sensor needs a y usb cable meaning it as two normal usb plugs that it uses power and data

That implies that the sensor is a USB slave. So is the Arduino. Two slaves can not talk to each other - Y cable or not.

You would need a USB Host shield, and more skill that you (or I) possess to write the driver needed.

OK so i would need two host shields if i want to connect the sensor and the motor controller
but how do i connect a USB to a game port