Go Down

Topic: trying to get common anode 5v RGB light strip to flash different colors to music (Read 257 times) previous topic - next topic

gfvalvo

Also does your LED have built in current limiting resistors?
I had assumed OP's "schematic" was just a cartoon depicting more appropriate device containing series current-limiting resistors. Being of the Old School (college in the 80's), I ALWAYS connect LEDs with this polarity (with series resistors).

aarg

I had assumed OP's "schematic" was just a cartoon depicting more appropriate device containing series current-limiting resistors. Being of the Old School (college in the 80's), I ALWAYS connect LEDs with this polarity (with series resistors).
OP stated otherwise in reply #10. Or, to be generous, didn't provide enough information.
  ... with a transistor and a large sum of money to spend ...
Please don't PM me with technical questions. Post them in the forum.

khashurst

The led light strip I am using is in post #4 as a link. Attached is an image of the strip. It does have 111 and 181 resistors for each LED. I only want to use about a foot of the strip which is only 15 of the LEDs. I definitely don't want to fry the data pins. I will figure another method to wire. Thank you all.

aarg

... with a transistor and a large sum of money to spend ...
Please don't PM me with technical questions. Post them in the forum.

Go Up