Speedoino - Another Speedometer,GPS,OLED,Bluetooth

Hi folks,
i just started to present my project in the german section, but if you want you could take a look at the photos, I've posted there.
http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1294013287/0
The most important views are visible in a short video uploaded on youtube, check Speedoino - YouTube
Maybe I will translate all the features later, outstanding ( as i think ):

• Flash Arduino Sketch wireless using Bluetooth
  • Logging GPS Position ( 1 Hz )
  • OLED Pictivia Display( Compare the contrast to the LCD Display in the Back of the video )
  • Waypoint Navigation
  • Animation loaded from the micro SD Card
    ... to be continued
    Greets jkw

Wow!

Where did you get the LCD from?

That is something to rival the scooterputer!

How are you doing the road navigation?

Mowcius

Hi mowclus,
the Display is a Pictivia OLED 128x64 with a very brilliant contrast.
I got it as a gift, but it has to be similar to this http://de.farnell.com/densitron/dd-12864yo-1a/display-oled-128x64-yellow/dp/1498862 i think.

My Navigation (its a little less than navigation), which is no yet road testet ( we have a lot of snow in germany right now, not good for motorbike ) works with a EM406 GNSS Receiver - EM-506N5 - GPS-19629 - SparkFun Electronics. The Steps for successful "navigation":

1. Open Googleearth and place waypoint whereever you want, i plan to place a waypoint on every turn

2. Start the miracle skript that converts the Google KML file to something my code can unterstand

3. open a serial connection to the speedoino ( wireless, using bluetooth ) and navigate to the "import gps" menupoint

4. Paste the route to the terminal, the speedoino will save it on the installed SD card

5. start motorbike and ride down the street, the speedoino will calculate the distance to the first waypoint and show something like "turn left" "Hannoverstreeet" as you can see in the video

6. as soon as you reach the "area ( distance less than 30 m to exact location of the waypoint )" the speedoino will jump to the next waypoint ...

thats if for now. No "planing the route live" with the arduino ..:wink:
JKW

Ahh I see. Yes a map based 'live system' would be rather tricky me thinks :slight_smile:

Well it's a very neat project.

i think live navigation requires more power and very very complex heuristics, so i think its a bit overdose for my needs ... :wink:

Hey that LCD is awesome! Really cool!

Ver ycomprehensive setup there dude... I have just added it to my list of Favourites :smiley:

Clapping the hands! Clapping the hands! That is awesome!

Girl demo?

In the newest version I changed that menupoint to "anmation" and added some simpsons movies .. 8)

thanks @ Funky Diver/Inprogress

Greets JKW

Here is a thought I had whilst watching one of the HUBB-DVD's, given you can log current GPS position, and navigate a route, how much work do you think it will be to have a "direct distance to waypoint" function? Meaning that you can enter a waypoint and it shows you how far you are from that point as the crow flies.

This is great if you are on some outskirts of a country you have never been exploring roads you have never seen or been on, yet you know how far the next town is if all goes badly wrong.

I like plain old paper maps :sunglasses: