Sparkfun Free Day is Back

I reckon Sparkfun depend on their servers not being able to cope on their give-away days..... :wink:

Doesn't appear to work any better then last year. I early on decided not to pay play to see the same movie twice.

Lefty

All the "preparing for the big day" they were doing was removing servers.

Oh well. I'm getting paid to hammer on their servers. :stuck_out_tongue:

I got to the take the quiz or lump sum page. I selected the lump sum and it sent me to the quiz page :o

They're done!

I only got through two questions (I skipped the second because I didn't have enough time and wasn't 100% sure of the answer), and when I had submitted my answer for the third question, Free Day was over! ("Pencils down!")

I'm glad that I got my $10, though!

EDIT:Kind of a good thing, too, because I need to get back to work!!!

Well that was disappointing, wasn't even able to answer one question. Oh well, back to RobotShop for me!

I couldn't even get to the quiz. booooo.

I got 3 of 3. Kindof shocked by how quick it went from not a ton to all done... Especially since I could not even get to question 4, but 3 of 3 is better than nothing. Woohoo Free Day!

GRRRRR. I correctly answered the question I got. Next 30 minutes I tried to submit it. Then, 'Well that's a bummer :frowning: You didn't qualify for any free money this time around.'

But, as one said, 'I can't blame them for not giving me free stuff'

I got $40! I was just submitting the next question and it ended, darn!

[edit]

Nvm. Doublet is probably correct about the discrepancy in numbers.

They don't say they did give $30,000 to charity. I was confused by that too. You have to look how full the meter is, the numbers just say the maximum.

Well that was dissapointing as hell. I spent a good hour window shopping beforehand because I figured I'd have a good chance of winning some cash, and I really had my eye on that mini digital oscilliscope, but I ended up not even being able to try my luck at the questionaire. :confused:

Just got an email from Sparkfun. It said in part . . .
"Initial reports show that we've given away $150,451.00 to our customers and set aside another $22,988.00 for charity. "
I guess some people must be happy.

From my perspective their "funds used" bar went from ~20% at 1.5hrs in, to done at about 2hrs.

We are going to offer $10 credit for every year (365 days) since your first order

If their system has no record of my previous purchases, has SparkFun defrauded me?

I answered all of them, but failed one... 87$ to spend. now the hard part, what to buy

Maybe a consolation prize if you didn't succeed at SparkFun today...I can't give away thousands of dollars but am running a "Free Day" deal until Sunday. You can get free cables with any of the RGB modules, and a free cable/breakout set with the Arduino Centipede Shield.

http://macetech.com/blog/node/108

I was in a lab for three hours and after lab went to the undergrad computers and it was over... I really had my heart set on a geek coffee mug and a little RFID glass capsule (that I TOTALLY wasn't going to implant in myself). Oh wells... no freebies for mes.

If anybody finds in a couple months they aren't going to use their freebie code, hit me up; I'll spend your money! ;D

Pffft as if.... all 150 thousand dollars is already spent