Looking for a couple able bodied Arduino users in Los Angeles to work

My name is Adam, I own a Grip & Lighting company in Los Angeles, working on movies. I have been studying Arduino as much as possible in my off time. I am looking for people who are interested in coming out and working doing Grip & Lighting. I am not looking for people who know how to do Grip & Lighting; I will teach you.

I am posting in this forum because I am trying to expand my business and capabilities into Electronics. I would like to start hiring people who have electronics minds.

We do work 12 Hour days mostly around Los Angeles.
I pay $200/day.
Job is mostly fun and extremely cool.
there are a lot of hot chics.
We can talk about electronics projects at work a lot; my company is set to create allll kinds of things for movies.

you can contact me on here or email me @ adam@agrip.net .

must live in Los Angeles area and have a car. Honestly there IS an age that works best for this type of job and I would say it is 20 to 30.

AVisual:
must live in Los Angeles area and have a car. Honestly there IS an age that works best for this type of job and I would say it is 20 to 30.

Woah! Lets me out then, even if I was in LA!

Honestly there IS an age that works best for this type of job and I would say it is 20 to 30.

Saying that in an job ad in Europe would be illegal. Sorry but it sounds repugnant.

there are a lot of hot chics.

damn... this could'hv helped me a lot! BUT I dont have American VISA

Grumpy_Mike:
Saying that in an job ad in Europe would be illegal. Sorry but it sounds repugnant.

It's technically not illegal to post it in a job ad in the USA, but it is a REALLY BAD IDEA!!!

Adam: you should change that. If you ever interview someone outside that age range and don't hire them for any reason, you've just given them legal ammunition to come after you for age discrimination.

I'm going to give the benefit of doubt and assume you don't know this (although as a registered business you certainly should), but it's illegal to discriminate against hiring anyone in the US on the grounds of age, race, sex, religion or national orgin and you can get in serious trouble if you do that. If you're concerned that they can't lug equipment around, then say that they need to be able to move quickly holding xx lbs of gear or something.

OP never said anything about not hiring outside of that age range. The impression I got was more along the lines of "this job typically interests those in the 20-30 range" more than old farts like us. Well, me, anyway.

PaulS:
OP never said anything about not hiring outside of that age range. The impression I got was more along the lines of "this job typically interests those in the 20-30 range" more than old farts like us. Well, me, anyway.

Paul,
That's also the impression I got. That's why I said I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.
The problem is that if someone outside that age range applies (say a 45 year-old), but he turns that person down for the job because they don't have the right experience perhaps, he's given that person a wide open opportunity to sue him claiming age discrimination, even if that wasn't the reason the person was rejected.

Sure, that happening is a long shot, but I have spend enough time interviewing people that it's an issue I am very, very careful with. That, and actual age discrimation is a pretty sucky thing to have to deal with anyway.

AVisual:
I pay $200/day.

I hope you withhold taxes and pay workman's comp. The people you are looking for will be employees, not independent contractors!

Paul

You can't say "requires a 30yo", but you can say "the job involves crawling along spindly trusses 40 feet off the ground".