Serial.println(temperature);
} else {
Serial.println("---");
}

Wire.endTransmission();
//end the transmission

delay(delayC);
}

When i run this code, i get "Temperature in celsius: ----" on serial monitor. I guess the device tmp100 is not giving any data to arduino over i2c. I checked address of tmp100 again and temperature register too. Both look fine. I don't understand what the problem is?
Please help!

Any chance you could post a link to the data sheet -- preferably from the manufacturers site? The one that shows the registers and recommended code is helpful. Who made it and what is the full part number.

Did you look for a library or working program for that device??

Here's the link to manufacturers datasheet:

The register is 0x00.

Thank you.

have you checked the forum yet ? - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,10955.0.html

Rob

Thanks Rob. But i had checked that link already. I have tried some other variations in program also. Few libraries like I2Cmaster etc too!
Now i guess..the problem is in hardware, not the code. I have redesigned the tmp100 board. I'll get it manufactured in couple of days time and try out everything on it again.
Fingers crossed!

Priya.

Problem is with your code. You need a Wire.endTransmission after your Wire.send and you need to delete the Wire.endTransmission at the end of the sketch.

I have found an article about Arduino + TMP100 temperature sensor with Nokia 3310 LCD display here: http://avr.gamfrobotics.hu/?p=141