1 year to the day

One year ago today I received my first electronics as a V-day gift from my wife. (I sent her links to some various grab-bag type deals I found online.) I'd never touched electronics before in my life. I played with LEDs and 555 timers and was generally having fun. Then in September I ordered an Arduino. So it's almost fitting that at exactly the 1 year mark from my journey into this hobby I finished my first project, a 3x3x3 LED cube.

Some may think that's a long time but I would work on it for a few hours then not touch it again for weeks. Also any problems I ran into I worked out on my own. I don't like to ask for help. Don't know why. It's an issue I have, I know, and the wife says I need to get over it. She's probably right.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to the forum in general. It really helped me a lot and although I only find time to work on this stuff a few hours a month I'm constantly reading and absorbing info from all of you.

I came up with an idea for my next project so expect that in about 6 months. :stuck_out_tongue:

Link to my cube: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,52258.0.html

You're welcome

... what you complained no one responded :stuck_out_tongue:

Well thank you. I'll take a pity reply.