US shutdown - safe mode

So, just because you exist then that places an interminable obligation on me to make sure that you, and yours are provided for? No ,matter the circumstances? And I am obligated to see things just as you see them, because by me seeing things from a different perspective than you, my perspective is automatically wrong? And if you define your needs so much more richly than I define my needs then I am then obligated to provide for you to my own harm? And I am obligated to do thios because you, and some politician feel good by taking from me and giving to others? So you feel no need to support your family because you can use the power of the state to take from me to give to yours?

And yes, I have seen those with a welfare card buy food that I could not afford. My wife worked as the night manager of a grocery store and welfare cards bought steak and shrimp and other high priced goods. Every Month. When the cards got filled there was a run on those products in the store. The real kicker is this - When my kids were born my wages didn't automatically go up. But that means an increase in the benefits for those on welfare. But I suppose that makes perfect sense. Welfare in the USA runs from $12,000 in some states to in excess of $43,000 in others. That's pretty good wages at the top end, and a real motivation to not seek a job... But I guess I should have to support them because I am so stupid that I try to hold a job and pay my own way...