Multiplexing a Thermocouple Input

I can't speak for JH, but I can say for a complete newbie such as myself, figuring out how to properly use this thermistor has been bit of a challenge. There's a lot of general documentation about thermistors, but I haven't found a start to finish "how to" for how to setup an unknown thermistor. Also, for these thermistors, there is NO technical information on them (B values, R @ 25C, etc) included and unless you get lucky and find the Amwei website and do a little digging you're completely on your own, and even then the specs don't seem complete (no Alpha value for example). Of course, I'm just assuming the parts are the same!

Or you can be like me and miss-understand how to calculate the S/H coefficents and rather then measuring resistance at different temps, you measure the analog voltage via the Ardiuno and then wonder why the numbers don't make any sense. :slight_smile: I'm still not sure about what resistor I should use in the divider circuit... 10K seems to work pretty well, but the listed R value at 25C is ~98K which I thought meant using a 100K resistor.

Anyways, I've got all day saturday to figure this out. Sunday I'm going to smoke a brisket, so hopefully I can do a little real world testing.