Xbee, Arduino Due and wireless Sketch Upload

Hi All,

I have been working on a project for 4 months now and I have left this part to do at the end.

I had to upgrade my project to work with the Arduino Due as I needed more ram and speed.

I am now trying to get my Arduino Due to have the ability to get a sketch uploaded with an Xbee ZB S2 wireless module. I need this to happen as I will have 50 of these boards out in the fields and I need to be able to upload any updates to the sketches wireless. The boards will be sealed in weather proof boxes and I don't want to go around to each one to plug in and upload the new sketch.

I know there is a way to do the upload with the Arduino Uno and I have got it to work but the Uno doesn't have the power I need.

Does anyone have any idea about doing this or if it is even possible.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

Looks like no one has a clue about this.

I have been doing some research into how to do this and I hope I'm on the right track.

I will say what I am going to try and someone might be able to pick me up and tell me if I'm doing it right.

I have removed the erase button off the Arduino Due, I have soldered a wire onto the ERASE_S line, I am going to get the Xbee to send a packet to make the Xbee attached to the due to set one of the digital pins to high. This will be connected to a NPN transistor which will first give 3.3v to the ERASE_S line to erase the due, then reset the whole board.

Then I will send through the sketch to upload it.

Does anyone see any problem with my plan. Will it work do you think??

Anyones comments would be very much appreciated...

I don't know, but I would love this capability. I gave up on wireless programming since the FIO firmware apparently does not support the XBEE in API mode...

This should work on the Due without level shifting. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to soon.
http://letsmakerobots.com/node/23869