Autostart serial monitor after upload

Hello,

I added a new feature to my IDE (sketch|Arduino 1.0.1) to start the serial monitor automatically after each upload. I can configure it under preferences.
I've done this to speed up my workflow a little bit. It works fine for me. Cloud this be interesting?
I can contribute my code. I only have some problems with internationalization. :~

KaHai

KaHai
I have the same functionality in my eclipse plugin and I think it works great (except with the Leonardo)
So I feel it could be a great addition to the Arduino IDE.
Best regards
Jantje

two things, both good.

there is a bug improvement report for this feature, so maybe that you have shown it can be done, it will be implimented.

second, re eclipse,
what tool chain do you use ? any pointers on gettign eclipse and a chain up and running,
please

drjiohnsmith
I us the same toolchain as the one delivered with Arduino. This to keep compatibility with Arduino as high as possible.
More info can be found at eclipse.baeyens.it

Best regards
Jantje

KaHai:
Hello,

I added a new feature to my IDE (sketch|Arduino 1.0.1) to start the serial monitor automatically after each upload. I can configure it under preferences.
I've done this to speed up my workflow a little bit. It works fine for me. Cloud this be interesting?
I can contribute my code. I only have some problems with internationalization. :~

KaHai

How did you do this? I looked in the preferences.txt file, but didn't see anything like this.

ScottG:
How did you do this? I looked in the preferences.txt file, but didn't see anything like this.

You need to edit the source of the IDE. I added this if you press the "Control" key:

With other minor enhancements I wanted, but it is still not published (I will release soon the version 2 of this MOD: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,118440.0.html)

I'm confused by the various postings and google topics:

DOES ARDUINO (1.0.6) IDE PROVIDE THE ABILITY TO AUTOSTART THE MONITOR AFTER UPLOAD?

Fred Miller