i am sorry!!!

I mean, really!

Arrch:
Are you really expecting someone to draw up a schematic and write the code for you for free, and anything less isn't "help"?

no, but damn give me something to work with..

what do you really need?
a list of the parts required to build the project? CrossRoads has helped you with that
a description on how to connect the leds? well CrossRoads did give you the information, not the solution, but the location on where to find it. now its your turn.
the code for your project? visit my last two links, will point you to websites were people charge you for working for you. thats what you need.

The forum will give you hints on how to accomplish your project, but dont expect someone to sit down and make the project for you. and if so, where is the fun here? you wouldnt have learned anything.
Stop complaining and do some research on CrossRoads suggestions.
build a small project with fewer leds, say 10,then 20, then 50 and post your progress here, and your code and keep expanding.
you need to put some work in this, dont expect everything being done for you.

Ruffsta:

300 resistors, and 300 I/O pins

show me the parts, which resistors which i/o pins.. i don't know what they are..

then start with this...

Arduino Basic tutorial 1 ... turning ONE led on !

Ruffsta:

liudr:
If you need things like, coding for a simple project that is less than 100 lines of code, I might just type it up and post it here. What you need is around 300 lines of code. Nobody in their right mind will give you an exact code, since you don't say how things will happen exactly (your million dollar secret that everyone is going to steal). Nothing was said about how these LEDs will be wired, critical to coding. You are not just asking for a program, you are asking the whole thing. There is nothing simple about this idea you have. If you want some paid help, post on the gigs and collaborations board and pick someone you can trust. Lefty spelled out clearly what free help gets you. If I were Massimo, I'd be unwilling to help. There are plenty of people with their big ideas asking him I suppose so what's so different with your case?

What you need is paid help with NDA.

not asking for everything.. i just want to have some kind of schematic that's good for my project, show me the exact parts and how many i need.. show me some kind of exact coding.. yes 100 leds is a lot, but if i were shown say 10 i could do the rest.. give me some real help with my project... i mean really

Good luck with your pursuit. As you show no attempt at learning the basics like most of us, you will most likely find that your expectations exceed your grasp.

Lefty

http://playground.arduino.cc//Main/InterfacingWithHardware#Output

Ruffsta:

Arrch:
Are you really expecting someone to draw up a schematic and write the code for you for free, and anything less isn't "help"?

wow, does everybody take things the wrong way and/or turn things around?

i'm told all sorts of different things..

one tells me i need i/o pins, the other tells me there is no easy way of doing it, another throws code at me that i have never seen before and no explanation... another one tells me things to get but doesn't show me exactly what they are.. and i'm supposed to learn?

i'm supposed to learn?

Bingo!

Edit: Do you want me to move this to "Gigs and collaborations"?

Ruffsta:
and i'm supposed to learn?

Yes, that's the point.

You seem to expect nothing less than a complete project explanation with schematics and code.

then show me the parts, which resistors.. i learn when i am shown and taught the right way.. don't just say go get "resistors" but not tell me which one.. that's no help at all!

i have leds, but they don't tell me anything about them..

and one learns from that? good job teaching.. not!

Ruffsta:
then show me the parts, which resistors.. i learn when i am shown and taught the right way.. don't just say go get "resistors" but not tell me which one.. that's no help at all!

hahaha you are funny!

ok, lets start from the beginning...
do you know how to connect a led to the arduino and to code it so it turns on and off?

don't tell me get drivers and not show me what it is.. yeah keep teaching that way.. everybody gets what you're saying that way

Ruffsta:
wow, does everybody take things the wrong way and/or turn things around?

i'm told all sorts of different things..

one tells me i need i/o pins, the other tells me there is no easy way of doing it, another throws code at me that i have never seen before and no explanation... another one tells me things to get but doesn't show me exactly what they are.. and i'm supposed to learn?

Frankly because you seem to just want help to make your project idea a reality instead of asking help on how to learn to write your own sketches and learning basic electronic skills. You are looking for a short-cut and while that is at least honest it doesn't tend to generate the kind of help you are asking for.

Your project is large and complex and would never be a good choice for a beginner to start with. Arduino is not a plug and play or lego type activity, it's a learning journey and you haven't yet decided to start the journey with baby steps, but rather want help to jump to the end of the journey. Pay your dues or pay someone to build the project for you.

Lefty

good job teaching.. not!

I'm a really good teacher.
I teach people to SCUBA dive.
I haven't yet lost a pupil

Of course, I weeded out the ones who didn't want to learn before we even got wet.

Sergegsx:
do you know how to connect a led to the arduino and to code it so it turns on and off?

obviously

Ruffsta:

i have leds, but they don't tell me anything about them..

Well, typically components come with datasheets, so I would start with that...

You're expecting me to teach you? Did the tuition check you sent me get lost in the mail?

Ruffsta:

Sergegsx:

obviously

haha not so obvious from your posts.

So what you know to calculate the resistor based on the led, or you just get a random resistor and led?

You have a RGB led, and there is a RGB sketch at your disposal in the examples, try it.
Start with one, get it to work, then add more. Your resistors should be no more than 150 - 200 ohms.

AWOL:

good job teaching.. not!

I'm a really good teacher.
I teach people to SCUBA dive.
I haven't yet lost a pupil

Of course, I weeded out the ones who didn't want to learn before we even got wet.

You really need to be a good teacher to teach SCUBA dive, same as skydiving and all of this sports.
Trust me, you teaching skills are not the problem here hehe