Addressable RGB LED Strip Lag

I am creating a responsive led drum kit using 5V SK6812 addressable LED strips. I have tried both 30 and 60 LED per meter strips and am getting lag when trying to flash a string of 50 or more LEDS. For example,when they should flash off and on in sync it looks more like a chase pattern as the strip struggles to get all the LEDs the information quickly enough for them to all toggle together. Is there any solution to this or am I doing something wrong?

I am using an Arduino Mega 2560 R3 and the following strips:

Dreamcolor 60 per meter Addressable LED Strip

Alitove 30 per meter LED Strip

Perts:
I am using the Adafruit Library but was hoping to custom code my led output if possible (any links to code?)

I am also planning to set the brightness based on some piezos i have set up as drum sensors.

am getting lag when trying to flash a string of 50 or more LEDS.

That can only be due to poor software, it is nothing to do with the LED strip.

So post your code. The normal error people make is that you are doing a display ( show call ) for each individual LED change not when the whole buffer is finished being changed.

I am loading 4 strings of 43 WS2812B LEDs, only takes about 5mS if you do the math on the time needed.
Try the FASTLED.h library, seems to load things up pretty quick.

First off, I don't have any strip to play with, but it seems like a software problem. You could try using this code. It sounds like it would work for your application.

I see the error in my ways. I am just blind as a bat.

mongldroid:
I see the error in my ways. I am just blind as a bat.

What do you mean? Did you fix it? If so, how? Others may benefit from what you have learned, in the future.

How is the faster LED thing in sk6812 solved in FASTLED.h library?

No idea what you mean. That LED looks to just be a clone of the WS2812b. In which case the answers are just the same. Read reply #1.

AND - don't hijack threads. Please read this:-
How to use this forum