New UTFT Libray with Arduino ARM spport

coldtears:
The data pins are routed to PC1-8 (lower 8 bit) and PC12-19 (higher 8 bit), so you probably need to shift your lower 8 bit to the right<<1, and higher 8 bit to the right <<12, and then you can strobe the WR pin. So you will need 3 arduino command for one WR strobe.
Like this:
REG_PIOC_CODR=0xFF1FE;
REG_PIOC_SODR=(VL<<1) & 0x1FE;
REG_PIOC_SODR=(VH<<12) & 0xFF000;
pulse_WR();

For the 4 command pins, they are routed to PD1-4. This should be straight forward.
This is possible because the creator of DUE has made perfect routing of these lines to the 2x20 header.

SD Card will be directly connected to the SPI interface on the 6pin header in the center of the DUE board(DUE only has SPI access on this 6pin header).

Schematic is http://coldtears.lin3.siteonlinetest.com/files/CTE_DUE_shield.zip ]:slight_smile:

This is very useful thanks.

Do you have a key to the values of the other components on the board?

Has anyone had luck with a Due compatible library for SPI based displays? UTFT seems to be only parallel and I2C?

I've just received a 7" SSD1963 based touch screen LCD from china :slight_smile:

It has a micro SD card slot and two 32 way connectors (both of which have the SAME connections):

GND 3v3
D1 D0
D3 D2
D5 D4
D7 D6
D9 D8
D11 D10
D13 D12
D15 D14
RS CS
RD WR
TE RST
INT TD0
PWM TD1
PCS TSCK
SDCS TCS
5V GND (But these two are not connected)

There is a diagram on the back of it that goes like this:

JP1 Back_Light
@ SSD-PWM
MCU-PWM

JP1 has a SMD resistor soldered across it at the factory and I think that "@ SSD-PWM" is telling me about this model.

Not a bad price for such a large touchscreen with card reader either........

.... now to connect it :smiley:

So just to get this straight....

Does this look right / what about pins 22-32 ??

| PIN | LABEL | PIN | PIN
| NUM | TFT | DUE | FUNCTION
| | | |
| | | |
| 1 | 3v3 | >> | 3v3 power
| 2 | GND | >> | Ground
| 3 | D0 | 33 |
| 4 | D1 | 34 |
| 5 | D2 | 35 |
| 6 | D3 | 36 |
| 7 | D4 | 37 |
| 8 | D5 | 38 |
| 9 | D6 | 39 |
| 10 | D7 | 40 |
| 11 | D8 | 51 |
| 12 | D9 | 50 |
| 13 | D10 | 49 |
| 14 | D11 | 48 |
| 15 | D12 | 47 |
| 16 | D13 | 46 |
| 17 | D14 | 45 |
| 18 | D15 | 44 |
| 19 | CS | 27 |
| 20 | RS | 25 |
| 21 | WR | 26 |
| 22 | RD | >> | 3v3
| 23 | RST | 28 |
| 24 | TE | 9 | Don't know ! ?????????????
| 25 | TD0 | >> | MISO
| 26 | INT | | Don't know ! ?????????????
| 27 | TD1 | >> | MOSI
| 28 | PWM | 9 | Don't know ! ?????????????
| 29 | TSCK | | Don't know ! ?????????????
| 30 | PCS | 52 | Don't know ! ?????????????
| 31 | TCS | 5 | Don't know ! ?????????????
| 32 | SDCS | 4 | Don't know ! ????????????? possibly 54??????

I have this screen and adapter from Sainsmart http://www.sainsmart.com/arduino-compatibles/module/lcd-module/sainsmart-3-2-tft-lcd-display-touch-panel-pcb-adapter-sd-slot-for-arduino-2560.html

Can anyone tell me if I can make the screen work with the Due by removing the resistors from the adapter shield? I am thinking that they used resistors to lower the voltage of the Arduino Mega from 5 volts to 3.3 volts. Therefore, if you have a Due producing only 3.3 volts, then the resistors can be removed to make it work.

Any ideas?

@cyclegadget, I remember reading about a pen that contained conductive ink. If you can get one, and its good quality, you might be able to draw a line over the top of the resistors.

Or use a loop of wire over each resistor, some people fixed the SD card connection using this method.

If you have the resources, a little breakout that reconfigures the 40pin header to the LCD format would work, then you don't need the shield.

The stuff you are looking for used to be marketed in car accessory shops for repairing rear screen heaters.
It is basically like a small bottle of nail varnish - but loaded with either silver or aluminium powder for conductivity.
You can certainly use it to fix damaged pcb tracks (remove varnish from the good area first!!) , so shorting out a couple of SM resistors should be easy. Just don't splash it around... :slight_smile:

Graeme

Thanks for the replies from both of you! I wanted to be sure that I had the correct idea before I did anything drastic. I can solder down to 805 resistors with good results so, I think I will be able to solder out or jumper those resistors.

I will give it a try soon!

I have problems accessing DS1307(rtc) on pins 20(sda) and 21(scl). RTC renders un usable right after initializing UTFT.. :confused:

Any help appreciated..

I have a older shield for the mega, want to make it work the the due. how can i do this, mine the display is soldered on the shield, and there are surfacemount resisters, i can get to the resisters with a soldering iron if need be.

I'be been using both the CTE class and the UTFT class on a Digix and both are flawless, The CTE shield and class being noticeably faster compared to the class Mr Karlsen wrote last year. Screamer fast)
Apparently when he rewrote the class to better encompass the Arm Avr and Pic processors he changed a substantial amount of code. I have had.. some code for the class written early last year and the speed differences are substantial... One of the Very few times I've "Donated" to a project and really got my $0.50's worth.. The Manuals... "Manuals"? who ever heard of actually supplying manuals with Arduino code...? The manuals are an encyclopedia compared to the Arduino Manuals? and are actually useful.
If you use Mr Karlsen's code a donation would be a sign that you appreciate what he has done and how much it's made your own work easier. FWIW I own 3, 3.2" displays (5 if you cound 2, 4D Systems 3.2" displays and an Itead 4.3 which was junk defective out of the box (randomly shows a silver screen and the postage to return it is more than the 'thing' is worth) and a CTE 4.3 which is beautiful.
All in all the best display of it's class I've ever seen.

Doc

I'be been using both the CTE class and the UTFT class on a Digix and both are flawless, The CTE shield and class being noticeably faster compared to the class Mr Karlsen wrote last year. Screamer fast)
Apparently when he rewrote the class to better encompass the Arm Avr and Pic processors he changed a substantial amount of code. I have had.. some code for the class written early last year and the speed differences are substantial... One of the Very few times I've "Donated" to a project and really got my $0.50's worth.. The Manuals... "Manuals"? who ever heard of actually supplying manuals with Arduino code...? The manuals are an encyclopedia compared to the Arduino Manuals? and are actually useful.
If you use Mr Karlsen's code a donation would be a sign that you appreciate what he has done and how much it's made your own work easier. FWIW I own 3, 3.2" displays (5 if you cound 2, 4D Systems 3.2" displays and an Itead 4.3 which was junk defective out of the box (randomly shows a silver screen and the postage to return it is more than the 'thing' is worth) and a CTE 4.3 which is beautiful.
All in all the best display of it's class I've ever seen.

Doc

Yes, this great UTFT library supports my CTE32HR, and the CTE50 and CTE70
quite well. The 22 September 2013 version of UTouch is also much better.
Thanks!!!

I added code to UTFT to support the CTE40 and
the CTE35, so now both seem to work well using
CTE40 or CTE35 as the display type.

I will try UTouch for calibration soon.

The UTouch calibration required using LANDSCAPE mode for
the CTE35, but the 32HR, 35, 40, 50, and 70 all calibrate
and Paint, using somewhat modified libraries and sketches.

There is still at least one bug in the lbraries, possibly in UTFT_CTE
that causes icons to be positioned relative to the right edge rather
than relative to the left edge. Howeve, it should be easy to find.

coldtears:
The data pins are routed to PC1-8 (lower 8 bit) and PC12-19 (higher 8 bit), so you probably need to shift your lower 8 bit to the right<<1, and higher 8 bit to the right <<12, and then you can strobe the WR pin. So you will need 3 arduino command for one WR strobe.
Like this:
REG_PIOC_CODR=0xFF1FE;
REG_PIOC_SODR=(VL<<1) & 0x1FE;
REG_PIOC_SODR=(VH<<12) & 0xFF000;
pulse_WR();

if DUE has 32 bits port, why not use one data variable instead of VL and VH?

kamil_szczepan:
Hi .

I have examples for you

Arduino DUE + 5" SSD1963 LCD 800 x 480
Speed on the OLD UTFT(mod for due) VS NEW UTFT lib

OLD ONE
- YouTube

NEW ONE !
- YouTube

This is It !

Both videos now private,

Regards,

Graham

Hello.
Please help me. I have Arduino DUE + 7" SSD1963 LCD 800 x 480 + shield for arduino due. I downloaded the UTFT library and try the example but the display did not run. I tried with Mega 2560 + shield for mega 2560 the same result.
How can I check if the display is ok? Can I power up only the blacklight using the CTE70 pins ?

bobity,

You could elaborate where you downloaded the UTFT library from? If you downloaded it from this thread, it is a modified version with unofficial modifications.

You could further elaborate who the TFT shield is made by, let me guess.... Sainsmart??

Your best bet is download the official version of the UTFT suite of libraries from the author's own website. Electronics - Henning Karlsen If these are not the libraries you already have, delete the ones you have now!!

Did you read the documentation for your TFT shield? Did you change the example sketches to use the pins of YOUR shield? Did you use an external AC/DC power supply since 7" panels require more power than USB can supply? Did you try google and see the 5 or 6 different threads on this forum where I have already made these suggestion many times before.....

Regards,

Graham

Hi ghlawrence2000,
Thank you for the help.

I tried many times with UTFT library from http://www.henningkarlsen.com without any result. The pins are configured for my LCD type and an external 9V/3A power supply is plugged in. I red a lot of threads and I am thinking about purchasing a new one. I think this one i damaged or defective one.