The SD card stopped working

Hey everyone,
My SD card(SanDisk 8gb SDHC) used to work for a long period of time up until recently when it didn't want to initialize anymore while in the middle of some tests. Based on some other questions that I found on this forum, I tried to do what was written in those questions. Here are some pieces of code gotten from the serial while running SDInfo.ino from Sdfat repository on github

errorCode: 1
errorData: FF
SdFat version: 20150324

Assuming the SD is the only SPI device.
Edit DISABLE_CHIP_SELECT to disable another device.

Assuming the SD chip select pin is: 10
Edit SD_CHIP_SELECT to change the SD chip select pin.

type any character to start

cardBegin failed
SD errorCode: 0X1
SD errorData: 0X0

cardBegin failed
SD errorData: 0XFF

cardBegin failed

cardBegin failed
SD errorCode: 0X2

cardBegin failed

cardBegin failed

I used the link underneath to attach pins.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Cheap-DIY-SD-card-breadboard-socket/

Although I don't know what the error codes mean, I assumed it would be the FAT32 formatting problem. And this might be a problem because I cannot format it anymore due to the attached pins on the sd card.

If anyone has an idea what might have caused this, and how I could prevent it in the future, please leave a message.

Regards,
Alex

I assumed it would be the FAT32 formatting problem

It is not a formatting problem.

Error code 0X01 means the SD card is not seen on the SPI bus. Either you have a wiring problem or a connection opened in the card due to heat from soldering.

SD cards were not designed to be soldered so that may be the cause, it happens often when people solder wires or headers to cards. Soldering can make internal connections fragile.

If you didn't solder the pins, it could be the 5V to 3.3V level shifter problem. The card may stop working with 5V signals if you don't have level shifters.

Thanks for the reply, and also
1.It did work for about a month after I soldered the pins and also used a 3.3V signal , so, could it be that it overheated while transferring a large amount of data?
2.And do you think buying an SD-card logging shield will help me avoid the same problem in the future?

Regards,
Alex