Help with parallax serial LCD and arduino uno

So I post a copy of the example code, a video showing my Parallax LCD working with Arduino, a link to the ParallaxLCD Arduino library, on my first post..... I suppose I should have rambled on for six or seven posts then.

I came here looking for help with a problem I am having. I found this thread and the "non replies" to a simple question that could have been easily and quickly answered by the next poster. But I find some very disparaging comments and untruths about the Parallax LCD, like "lots of soldering needed" and "put it away in a drawer" and "googling I find.....blah blah blah." Well, googling "parallax LCD", look what comes up at the top of the list (image attached).

I am not attacking "forum members who are trying to help". There is no attempt to help, before my post. Just comments knocking the choice of displays (the easiest one by far to use, with a speaker and backlight to boot) and comments about other displays and misstatements of fact. The only help that the OP got is from me.

So you attack ME for my tone. That is typical.

Me coming here for help with a problem of my own, and finding this thread as the one most closely related to my issue..... is indeed not a good start. A more appropriate response from YOU would be to thank me for my troubles and for actually answering and helping the OP with his or her issue, rather than attacking the choice of displays in the first place, and secondly attacking ME when I post the answers sought.