Problem running Meguno Link on Leonardo

Hello.

I am not able to get live data on Meguno Link with the Leonardo board.

When i install the Graphic Librarie for arduino and try to compile one of the examples it gives me "error compiling".

I tried too with the "simple call function" in Megunos web page but no luck...

There is a thread running concerning something similar about Leonardos with Gobetwino:

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,138885.15.html#lastPost

I emailed Meguno guys couple days ago but no answer.

Could one share experiencies to help solve this problem?

Thanks.

When i install the Graphic Librarie for arduino and try to compile one of the examples it gives me "error compiling".

No, this issues is not related to the issue with GoBetwino. Where did you get the library? What errors?

I click the link name " Arduino Graphing Library" on this page: http://www.blueleafsoftware.com/Resources/EmbeddedSand/Plotting_Arduino_Data

and extract the folder to the arduino librarie folder, then try to compile the "SendAnalogFolder" example and gives me "error compiling".

I followed the same steps. The "error" I got was:

Binary sketch size: 5,598 bytes (of a 258,048 byte maximum)

You'll need to define your errors a little more explicitly.

When i open this sketch example:

/* ******************************************************
    Send data to MegunoLink for plotting. 
    This program reads the first three analog input values
    and sends them to MegunoLink for plotting.

Download MegunoLink, a free tool for uploading programs,
    monitoring, logging and plotting Arduino data, from: 
    http://www.MegunoLink.com/Download_MegunoLink
   ****************************************************** */

#include <GraphSeries.h>

GraphSeries g_aGraphs[] = {"ADC0", "ADC1", "ADC2"};

void setup()
{
  // The data is sent via the serial port. Initialize it.
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
  int nADCInput;

// Read values from the ADC converter and send them out the serial port.
  for (nADCInput = 0; nADCInput <= 2; ++nADCInput)
    g_aGraphs[nADCInput].SendData(analogRead(nADCInput));

delay(300);
}

That is the example "SendAnalogValues" in the folder librarie of "Arduino Graphing Librarie" that i downloaded in this webpage:

http://www.blueleafsoftware.com/Resources/EmbeddedSand/Plotting_Arduino_Data

I get an "error compiling" message from arduino with the following contents on the bottom black window of arduino environment:

C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\GraphSeries\GraphSeries.cpp: In member function 'void GraphSeries::SendData(float)':
C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\GraphSeries\GraphSeries.cpp:11: error: no matching function for call to 'GraphSeries::SendData(Serial_, const char&, float&)'
C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\GraphSeries\GraphSeries.cpp:9: note: candidates are: void GraphSeries::SendData(float)
C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\GraphSeries/GraphSeries.h:15: note: void GraphSeries::SendData(HardwareSerial*, float)
C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\GraphSeries/GraphSeries.h:17: note: static void GraphSeries::SendData(const char*, float)
C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\GraphSeries/GraphSeries.h:18: note: static void GraphSeries::SendData(HardwareSerial*, const char*, float)
C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\GraphSeries/GraphSeries.h:20: note: static void GraphSeries::SendData(prog_char*, float)
C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\GraphSeries/GraphSeries.h:21: note: static void GraphSeries::SendData(HardwareSerial*, prog_char*, float)
C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\GraphSeries\GraphSeries.cpp: In static member function 'static void GraphSeries::SendData(const char*, float)':
C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\GraphSeries\GraphSeries.cpp:21: error: no matching function for call to 'GraphSeries::SendData(Serial_, const char&, float&)'
C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\GraphSeries\GraphSeries.cpp:9: note: candidates are: void GraphSeries::SendData(float)
C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\GraphSeries\GraphSeries.cpp:14: note: void GraphSeries::SendData(HardwareSerial*, float)
C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\GraphSeries\GraphSeries.cpp:19: note: static void GraphSeries::SendData(const char*, float)
C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\GraphSeries/GraphSeries.h:18: note: static void GraphSeries::SendData(HardwareSerial*, const char*, float)
C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\GraphSeries/GraphSeries.h:20: note: static void GraphSeries::SendData(prog_char*, float)
C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\GraphSeries/GraphSeries.h:21: note: static void GraphSeries::SendData(HardwareSerial*, prog_char*, float)
C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\GraphSeries\GraphSeries.cpp: In static member function 'static void GraphSeries::SendData(prog_char*, float)':
C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\GraphSeries\GraphSeries.cpp:35: error: no matching function for call to 'GraphSeries::SendData(Serial_, prog_char&, float&)'
C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\GraphSeries\GraphSeries.cpp:14: note: void GraphSeries::SendData(HardwareSerial*, float)
C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\GraphSeries\GraphSeries.cpp:19: note: static void GraphSeries::SendData(const char*, float)
C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\GraphSeries\GraphSeries.cpp:24: note: static void GraphSeries::SendData(HardwareSerial*, const char*, float)
C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\GraphSeries\GraphSeries.cpp:33: note: static void GraphSeries::SendData(prog_char*, float)

Is arduino-1.0.1 the Arduino IDE directory or your sketch directory? If it is the IDE install directory, you installed the GraphSeries library in the wrong place.

Are you using Windows? If not, there is a bug in GraphSeries.cpp. The #include statement is wrong. It should be:

#include <Arduino.h>

I sent a message to BlueLeaf asking them to fix the code.

Is arduino-1.0.1 the Arduino IDE directory or your sketch directory?

Don t know if what you ask has to do with this but: i save arduino sketches in a directory that is on the computer desktop, and i have all arduino related folders and files instaled on C:. Should i change this? What do you suggest?

Thanks.

There are user-downloaded libraries that should go in the libraries folder of the sketch folder, and there are core libraries that come with the Arduino IDE (in the libraries folder). It looks like you downloaded the Meguno library and put it in the core library folder. It is NOT a core library, or else you wouldn't have needed to download it, so it does not belong in the core library folder.

I don't know if that is your problem, but I put the library in the correct place, and I am able to compile the sample. You didn't, and you are not able to. It is worth putting it in the right place, to see if that makes any difference.

I did what you say, and now i am able to compile :slight_smile: at least till appears this error:

SendSineCurve:12: error: 'GraphSeries' does not name a type
SendSineCurve.cpp: In function 'void loop()':
SendSineCurve:28: error: 'g_Sine' was not declared in this scope
SendSineCurve:29: error: 'g_Cosine' was not declared in this scope

The sketch i ran was the "SendSineCurve":

/* ******************************************************
    Send data to MegunoLink for plotting. 
    This program generates a sine and cosine signal and
    sends them out the serial port for plotting.

Download MegunoLink, a free tool for uploading programs,
    monitoring, logging and plotting Arduino data, from: 
    http://www.MegunoLink.com/Download_MegunoLink
   ****************************************************** */

#include <GraphSeries.h>

GraphSeries g_Sine = GraphSeries("Sine"),
            g_Cosine = GraphSeries("Cosine");

float g_fPhase; // Keep track of signal phase.

void setup()
{
  // The data is sent via the serial port. Initialize it.
  Serial.begin(9600);

g_fPhase = 0;
}

void loop()
{
  g_Sine.SendData(200*(sin(g_fPhase) + 1));
  g_Cosine.SendData(200*(cos(g_fPhase) + 1));
  g_fPhase += 0.1;

delay(300);
}

Thanks.

Attach screen shots of the C:\arduino-1.0.1\libraries folder and your sketch folder's libraries folder, to prove that you have the library installed in the correct place.

The code compiles fine for me. The clue "error: 'GraphSeries' does not name a type" should be telling you that there is a problem with finding the include file where GraphSeries is defined as a type.

Screen shot 1: Contents inside arduino 1.0.1 folder.

Screen shot 2: The location of the arduino folder.

Screen shot 3: Location of the sketches folder (desktop) - where i currently have GraphSeries

In the third screen shot, you have a folder called MegunoLink. What is in that folder?

Does that folder contain a folder called GraphSeries?

In the third screen shot, there is what appears to be your sketch folder, but there is no screen shot to show what is in it. Does it contain a libraries folder? If so, what is in it?

The first screen shot does not show what is in then libraries folder; it only shows that one exists.

In the third screen shot, you have a folder called MegunoLink. What is in that folder?

Its the extracted folder of Meguno.

Does that folder contain a folder called GraphSeries?

No it does not, but i deleted it allready.

In the third screen shot, there is what appears to be your sketch folder, but there is no screen shot to show what is in it. Does it contain a libraries folder? If so, what is in it?

It is the folder where i keep my sketches. It contains the GraphSeries Librarie.

s4 - Contents in sketches folder
s5 - Contents in arduino librarie folder

In screen shot 4, GraphSeries needs to be in a folder called libraries. If such a folder doesn't exist, as appears to be the case, feel free to CREATE ONE!

In screen shot 4, GraphSeries needs to be in a folder called libraries. If such a folder doesn't exist, as appears to be the case, feel free to CREATE ONE!

Folder name "libraries" created inside sketches folder. The problem persists when compiling: "GraphSeries does not name a type".:frowning:

Form now on everytime i download some librarie do i have to save it inside this recently created libraries folder?

Time for more screen shots.

Time for more screen shots.

Ok.

What screenshots do you need?

Form now on everytime i download some librarie do i have to save it inside this recently created libraries folder?

Yes. A screen shot of that folder, showing the libraries would be useful. Open the GraphSeries folder in the libraries folder, and post a screen shot of that, too.

Here they are:

s6 - Contents of recently created librarie;

s7 - Contents of folder "GraphSeries"