Go Down

Topic: Prices (Read 616 times) previous topic - next topic

Boardburner2

No official line on why some Amazon sellers are trying to gouge people for £30 though...

I see this a lot for all sorts of products, sometimes 1000 x real value but i think that is down to money laundering.

Robin2

No official line on why some Amazon sellers are trying to gouge people for £30 though...
It's amazing how many people believe that something is better just because it costs more.

Consider, for example CocaCola verus Tesco Cola.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

ChrisTenone

It's amazing how many people believe that something is better just because it costs more.

...R
Is Tesco Cola super expensive?
Wubba lubba dub dub!

Robin2

Apr 25, 2018, 10:04 am Last Edit: Apr 25, 2018, 10:07 am by Robin2
Is Tesco Cola super expensive?
ROFL  :)

Think Walmart

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

TomGeorge

Apr 25, 2018, 10:39 am Last Edit: Apr 25, 2018, 10:46 am by TomGeorge

...R
CocaCola can be cheaper than bottle of water.
IS
Tesco Cola cheaper than Tesco Water?
[soapbox]
I won't go near Amazon after a situation where I wanted a book they had for sale.
I clicked the approapriate "buttons" and got to where it asked for my credit-card details, BUT it hadn't told me how much the PACK/POST robbery was that they charge.
I complained on line and I got an "online" "operator", all I kept getting the standard replies and nowhere.
Then I mentioned "Consumer Affairs".
The writing style of replies instantly changed, I think I actually was chatting with a robot up till then.
It took a while, but they calculated the P/P cost, 125% of the value of the book.
I explained that is why I wanted TOTAL cost before I committed anything.
I then got a robot reply, like "Did we satisfy your enquiry?" so I let loose on their reply box, surprising it had a character count limit.
I didn't buy the book, and I filled in a complaints online form at Consumer Affairs, I got the standard robot reply "We have recieved your mesage and we will blah blah blah...".
No reply since.
[/soapbox]
If Amazon are so turned on with logistics and material handling efficiency, why do they gouge you for P/P?
So they can waste money on drone delivery service?
(The range of a homemade magnetic gun is quite good these days, and you don't need a licence."

Tom... :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Robin2

IS
Tesco Cola cheaper than Tesco Water?
The comparison of Tesco prices is going off topic :)

I think the 2 litre Tesco Cola is about the same price as their sparkling mineral water - both are a great deal cheaper than a 2 litre bottle of Coke.

...R

Boardburner2

Apr 25, 2018, 06:01 pm Last Edit: Apr 25, 2018, 06:05 pm by Boardburner2
IS

I won't go near Amazon after a situation where I wanted a book they had for sale.

(The range of a homemade magnetic gun is quite good these days, and you don't need a licence."

I find Amazons practices to be rather cavalier when it comes to flouting laws regarding the purchase of some items , also the pricing you mentioned , amazon prime have twice turned a one off payment into a subscription.

I primarly use them as i have the option of locker pickup until 10 PM.
Petrol stations get them very early (by 6 AM) and i can often collect going to work.
Lots of Ebayer's using Argos these days but they close at 8 PM which is not very convenient for me.

P/P?
So they can waste money on drone delivery service?

My shopping shotgun is waiting.  :)

Go Up