Go Down

Topic: Opine: Shift key shouldn't be used to program (Read 247 times) previous topic - next topic

Robin2

Today at 11:28 am Last Edit: Today at 11:31 am by Robin2
MY dislike of Basic stems from the way it writes, which is fine for dweebs. VB is a half-step better.
I am certainly not advocating VB as the best programming language. All I am saying is that it is good enough if it meets the needs of someone who uses it. And I do not think it is helpful to give the impression that it is rubbish and only fit for people who don't know any better.

Everyone will have his/her preferred programming language. Mine is probably Ruby - but the Ruby infrastructure is poor and Ruby is not as widely used as Python (especially by Forum users) so I use Python where possible. I use C++ on an Arduino because I have no choice.

The one that really P*ss*d me off some years ago was PHP. It seemed like Basic used to be in MSDos days. It has probably improved since then, but I have never gone back to it to find out.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up