Adjustable tension for dc motor

Hi to everyone!

I'm designing a RC hovercraft but I have a problem. I don't want to have a propeller that works at an only voltage or that stays stopped at 0; I'd like a propeller that works at an adjustable voltage, so the hovercraft can go at different speeds.
Is it possible? So how can I change the voltage of the dc motor driver? I think I'll use an L298N.

Thanks a lot!

That seems a horribly complicated way of doing things. On the basis that hovercrafts always use "push" drive (or do they ?) there's no need to reverse the motor so all you need is a decent FET circuit and pulse modulate (PWM) it to vary the speed of the motor.

jackrae:
That seems a horribly complicated way of doing things. On the basis that hovercrafts always use "push" drive (or do they ?) there's no need to reverse the motor so all you need is a decent FET circuit and pulse modulate (PWM) it to vary the speed of the motor.

I agree. Furthermore, the L298N has a voltage drop of several volts between the battery and the motor, whereas a correctly-chosen mosfet will drop only a small fraction of a volt. Don't forget to connect a flyback diode in parallel with the motor.

Facile à utiliser grâce à la fonction Push and Go. Plus de contrôle grâce au choix de couple et au sens de rotation réglable. Batterie lithium-ion : pas d'effet mémoire, pas d'auto décharge, toujours prête à l'emploi.

pour plus d'informations je vous invite a lire cette article :
pushdrive-bosch-un-outil-de-poche-pour-un-bricolage-plus-facile/