Go Down

Topic: Your latest purchase (Read 303296 times) previous topic - next topic

larryd

Hum, this aluminum stand is good, IMO.
I have two, both work well.

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

Boardburner2

Sorry , i was referring to the daft plastic stand i had with mine, no pix as i chucked it.

travis_farmer

for those Hams that need a digital interface to go between your radio, and your computer sound-card, i bought one of THESE, and it seems to be well made.

I haven't tried it yet as i don't want to transmit without a license (9-9-17, still waiting :D ).

~Travis
Current Obsession: My server rack cooler, and my CNC Router
Check out my website, i have my own under-used forum on my hobby server.

dougp

Reel of 0.1uF, 25V SMT capacitors.  0402-sized, which I'm not sure I can pick up with tweezers, much less place accurately on a PCB.  
Have a look at this.

larryd

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

ChrisTenone

A few months ago I bought this item, which has distracted me from electronic projects:

It's the diametric opposite of electronics. It's got no battery, the switch you see is mechanical, and the imaging medium is film, which must be processed chemically before there is anything to see. The camera and lens are made in Canada.
Wubba lubba dub dub!

Qdeathstar

Aug 11, 2017, 05:47 am Last Edit: Aug 11, 2017, 05:48 am by Qdeathstar
tv-b-gone + esp8266 + amazon echo dot = voice activated pc monitor control.

I have two monitors/tv screens that serve as my monitors, one is a samsung and the other is an insignia.... i use to have to manual turn each tv on using the button (i know, right?) then i got the tv b gone which turns off on on all tvs at a press of the button.... that was cool, but you still got to press a button.

Enter amazon echo and esp8266... a few simple lines of code and now i can say "alexa turn on my tv" and the echo talked to the esp8226 which simulates a button press to the attiny85 on the tv-b-gone.

Excellent.  Now all i have to do is design/print a little case.

The little things you couldn't do before the arduino platform.
A creaking creeping shadow
stiff against the freezing fog
glares at a tickless watch.

Time has failed him -- all things shall pass.

TomGeorge

Enter amazon echo and esp8266... a few simple lines of code and now i can say "alexa turn on my tv" and the echo talked to the esp8226 which simulates a button press to the attiny85 on the tv-b-gone.

What are you going to do when you loose your voice?
Tom.... :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Robin2

What are you going to do when you loose your voice?
Tom.... :)
Relief for everyone :)

They won't have to listen to him and they can watch what they want.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Qdeathstar

A creaking creeping shadow
stiff against the freezing fog
glares at a tickless watch.

Time has failed him -- all things shall pass.

GoForSmoke

Just ordered from Mouser, not got but news to me (have not really looked in a good while), DIP AVR prices have slid a bit.

ATmega1284P-PU for $5.51 ea. Last I got was for $6.99, but not from Mouser who wanted more.

ATmega328P-PU for $2.14 ea. Last I got was for $2.20, but not from Mouser who wanted more.

ATtiny85-20PU for $1.23 ea, about the same as last time.

The 1284 is the big surprise for me. What a drop!
Nick Gammon on multitasking Arduinos:
1) http://gammon.com.au/blink
2) http://gammon.com.au/serial
3) http://gammon.com.au/interrupts

allanhurst

Aug 12, 2017, 04:30 am Last Edit: Aug 12, 2017, 04:59 am by allanhurst
Just bought a Rigol DS1054Z scope to replace my ancient Philips PM3217.

Things have moved on a bit. Lovely gadget.

I've used hi-end LeCroys, Teks, HPs etc at work, but they were well outside my pocket. This is amazing for the price.

Allan

ps Chris - re old-style photograghy.  I've had a Rolleiflex 3.5F with a Zeiss 'planar'  lens for years, and still don't reckon anything digital can beat it for image quality.

Robin2

ps Chris - re old-style photograghy.  I've had a Rolleiflex 3.5F with a Zeiss 'planar'  lens for years, and still don't reckon anything digital can beat it for image quality.
But can it get a high-zoom image of a distant bird or airplane within 20 seconds?

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

allanhurst

Nope. But what it does it does very well. You may remember how many famous photographers rate it among their favourite cameras.

Allan

travis_farmer

I have an old Brownie camera, with the flash :D

~Travis
Current Obsession: My server rack cooler, and my CNC Router
Check out my website, i have my own under-used forum on my hobby server.

Go Up