VarSpeedServo - a modified Servo library with speed control

Hi Korman, great work!
Im going to give it a go over thru my ECU code.
one advantage I love is the easy way I can slowly raise the speed the motor for my gas turbine starter.
One question I have as you seem the guru in all things servoish....

what happens in situations when there is alot of other code processing going on, and the servo gets "noisy".
I used a simple for command to slowly raise the servo output.
to test it, I plug in a standard hobby servo, but my intended use is for a brushless motor controller.
I have a project that has an interupt watching a input, measuring RPM.
also a large LCD display and several other things going on, temperature measurment, button menu inputs, etc etc goes on and on (using a Mega 2560 and a 240x320 LCD).
Im using the Servo output to feed a Brushless motor controller input drive to slowly increase the speed of the motor to start a gas turbine.
but the servo output im getting is jittery, noisy. Is this because the processor isnt fast enough to keep up with the PWM pulses the motor requires?
On the oscilliscope, i see alot of "topping off" between the pulses. is there any practices I can apply to my code that will help avoid this?
I stripped away bits of my code untill the LCD touchscreen code was removed before the servo drive got clean, but it was still not perfect.
I did try to break up my code into sections so it always goes back to the servo drive command without too much delay.

What I am guessing, is maybe this is an application where an arduino such as a standalone arduino needs to be setup as a dedicated controller?

keen to hear your thoughts.
cheers.