SeeedStudio Motor Driver and PS2x question

Hi Everyone!

I am relativity new to using the Arduino and have a few questions on a project I am working on. I am first off going to start by listing off the parts that I am using and the site that you can use as reference.

The List:

Arduino R2 (I have the R3 but I was not using it for this project. If I end up needing it I can use that too.)
The PS2x Arduino Library and a PS2 controller - PlayStation 2 Controller Arduino Library v1.0 « The Mind of Bill Porter
The SeeedStudio Motor Shield for Arduino R2 - http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/motor-shield-p-913.html?cPath=132_134
This PS2 Controller (Basically the same just wireless) - http://gdgt.com/dreamgear/i-glow/2-4ghz-wireless-controller/for-ps2/

The Problem:

Ok so here is the deal. My project is for most part simple. The problem I am having may seem very simple to someone but because I am new to it I do not under stand the code enough to get it working. I need to make it so that I can get my controller to make the motor/servo move forward when the left analog joystick is pushed up and vice versa. There is no need to make the car turn as well.

The Code:

I was going to post the code that I have so far but I have a feeling that it is completely incorrect. Like I said I do not know to much for the Arduino. I will say that I have been trying to work with the dummy code for the SeedStudio Motor Driver that you can find on the wiki here: Motor Shield V1.0 | Seeed Studio Wiki. Same goes for the PS2x controller.

The Wiring:

The last problem is that I am not sure how I am going to wire the wireless receiver connected to the arduino correctly because the shield does not have any I/O outputs on it. It does however have the grove connectors on them and I do have 2 Grove Relays and the cables so I can use those as well. If you have any ideas please let me know.

I really want to get this working but I just a starter in the world of Arduino. If you think you can help me please let me know. I can talk on skype if you want to do some 1-on-1 work. That would be great!

Thanks
-Max Kulik

I have most of this worked out. I decide that I don't need to use the shield to make the relay turn on. That right there simplifies the entire process. When I am finished and get the code to work at 100% I will post the code on my github.