Rfid Door Lock

Q1... What is the voltage and current is your door strike

Q2... I am having trouble seeing where the prototyping board connects to the id-12 could you please help me out

Q3... I am also having trouble seeing how the buzzer connects up could you please help me

Q4... Could you please tell me if the transistor that i have will work. Here is the link: http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=ZT2468

Q5... Is that a diode just behind where the door lock connectors are if so could you please tell me what diode i need

Q6... Could you please tell me what resistor or resistors i need could you please tell me

Q7... Could you also please tell me where everything goes on the prototyping board if you could do that it would be very much appreciated

Q8... could you also please tell me what D8, D7, etc. mean

would this transistor be better

LINK: http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=XC4244

My door lock uses 24V.
Thanks for asking.

Cheers,
Kari

I think this question was addressed at me, based on various personal message I have got recently. :slight_smile:

In particular with reference to this project:

Q1... What is the voltage and current is your door strike

12V. Not sure of the current. Still, it's the current of your strike that is important, right? A few hundred milliamps from memory.

Q2... I am having trouble seeing where the prototyping board connects to the id-12 could you please help me out

As shown above.

Q3... I am also having trouble seeing how the buzzer connects up could you please help me

As shown in the circuit.

Q4... Could you please tell me if the transistor that i have will work. Here is the link: http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=ZT2468

That should be OK.

Q5... Is that a diode just behind where the door lock connectors are if so could you please tell me what diode i need

As on the circuit. I used a 1N5822 (Diode Schottky 40V 3A) to protect the circuit from the coil.

Q6... Could you please tell me what resistor or resistors i need could you please tell me

Are you having trouble reading the circuit?

Q7... Could you also please tell me where everything goes on the prototyping board if you could do that it would be very much appreciated

Wherever you want to put it, it isn't critical.

Q8... could you also please tell me what D8, D7, etc. mean

They refer to the digital pins on the Arduino.

Bobbyfox2:
would this transistor be better

LINK: http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=XC4244

Looks about the same. Looks like it has the pull-down resistor already installed.

THANK YOU NICK :slight_smile:

What does the triangle facing down on the buzzer mean (schematic)

It's a "stop" sign.

It is ground, all those points are connected together.

How do you connect to ground

Use a big copper spike.
Are you being serious?

how do i ground to the board

Ground, zero volts, earth.

Bobbyfox2:
how do i ground to the board

Are you sure you want to do this?

Cheers,
Kari

Ground is one of the terminals on the arduino bord. It is marked GND.
All points with that triangle must have a connection to that point.
So join all the triangles together and then connect that to the GND pin.

It's looking more and more like a stop sign to me now.

Whats the IRL234N and how does it connect up

can you please take some more photos

Thanks

It is deployed now.

The whole idea of publishing the circuit was you could make one yourself. You aren't supposed to be trying to follow my exact layout.

Look, I am doing this stuff as a free service. At Adafruit they take lots of nice photos and step by step instructions. But they are getting paid. I'm not.

I seriously, seriously recommend you study how to read circuit diagrams. Your questions suggest you don't know how to. That's not a criticism, you can address that by learning how to do it.

Bobbyfox2:
can you please take some more photos

Thanks

Photos of... what?

Do you know what spoonfeeding is?

Look for number 2.

Did you get it?
:wink:

Cheers,
Kari