Run C++ Program In Arduino IDE

i have windows 7 OS. i can't run my C++ program using Turbo C++ 3.0 IDE . Is it possible to compile and run my C and C++ program in Arduino IDE software. If possible please help me.
Thank you. :relaxed:

Hi RAMAKANTA,

Welcome!

For new folks such as yourself, you should start with the Arduino IDE software. You can download a Windows version from here: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

Enjoy!

Pat.

Is it possible Run C++ Program in Arduino 1.0.3 ?? now i am downloading..!!

Thanks.

Yes, the Arduino IDE compiles C++ code. In fact a lot of the libraries use C++ classes.

you know turbo C 3 was a borland language for MSDOS released in 1991 right?

its not going to do squat inside the arduino IDE, wrong compiler, wrong system, wrong architecture

The arduino IDE can not generate anything you run on your computer.

RAMAKANTA:
Is it possible Run C++ Program in Arduino 1.0.3 ?? now i am downloading..!!

Thanks.

RAMAKANTA,

"The Arduino environment is based on Atmel Atmega microcontrollers. The AVR language is a "C" environment for programming Atmel chips. Much of the Arduino language is written with AVR constants and functions and there are many things that are still not easy to accomplish with the Arduino language without using some AVR code."
http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/AVR

There is also another forum post at http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,2249.0.html that answers your question directly. This FAQ about using C++ on the AVR was referenced in that post: Frequently Asked Questions

The Arduino environment is based on Atmel Atmega microcontrollers. The AVR language is a "C" environment for programming Atmel chips. Much of the Arduino language is written with AVR constants and functions and there are many things that are still not easy to accomplish with the Arduino language without using some AVR code."
Arduino Playground - AVR

There is also another forum post at http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,2249.0.html that answers your question directly. This FAQ about using C++ on the AVR was referenced in that post: Frequently Asked Questions

Hi mbduino , i am not talking only about micro-controller or microprocessor program . i am talking about also general program. like Phonebook for PC Using Memory Access Functions . i have attached the C++ program . is it possible ?? suppose any one learn first time C and C++ program, can that program run in Arduino IDE ???

phonebook.C (1.7 KB)

Maybe you should get Visual C++ Express from Microsoft. http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/downloads#d-2010-express it's free and should be able to create windows based executables.

is it possible ?? suppose any one learn first time C and C++ program, can that program run in Arduino IDE ???

Nothing "runs" in the Arduino IDE (except, maybe, the AVR C++ compiler).
Your PC doesn't have an AVR processor, so anything you compile in the Arduino IDE cannot run on your PC.

Is there something wrong with your question mark key?

RAMAKANTA:
i have windows 7 OS. i can't run my C++ program using Turbo C++ 3.0 IDE . Is it possible to compile and run my C and C++ program in Arduino IDE software. If possible please help me.
Thank you. :relaxed:

All- RAMAKANTA is a very new user, and is not familiar with the Arduino or its IDE. As such, he is asking questions that might not make sense to everyone else on this forum. We need to give him some slack and find out what he is really trying to ask.

RAMAKANTA- use the Arduino IDE to build your sketches to download to your Arduino. There are a lot of links on this site to read to learn what the IDE can do, including how to write software.

If you would like to write software to run on your PC that can talk to your Arduino using a serial connection, I suggest that you download a copy of Processing (processing.org). I believe you will be able to copy/paste many of your existing programs into these environments to reuse some of your existing code.

Only when you are proficient with these two, you should try some of the more complex environments. There will be a lot of help here when you get that far, should you have any questions.

In the meantime... IDE=Arduino, Processing=PC.

Have Fun!

Pat.

We need to give him some slack and find out what he is really trying to ask.

I thought it was pretty clear what he was asking, I was surprised at the instant "yea no problem" answers from people who clearly didn't

Means , I required an IDE Like Turbo C++ 3.0 , which i can run my .C & C++ program and generate .exe file. is there any software (IDE ) Like Turbo C++ 3.0 . =(
Thank you.
HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL

Think the GCC compiler which is used in the Arduino IDE can also be downloaded for Windows - Installing GCC: Binaries - GNU Project -

Try this website for a C/C++ (IDE and compiler)

Henk

RAMAKANTA:
Means , I required an IDE Like Turbo C++ 3.0 , which i can run my .C & C++ program and generate .exe file. is there any software (IDE ) Like Turbo C++ 3.0 . =(
Thank you.
HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL

Do a Google search for "c programming on Windows." However, on a Windows platform, you're likely going to end up using Visual Studio Express (which is free) for starting out, and eventually paying for Visual Studio if you start getting serious with software development for Windows.

Of course, you also have the option of learning Linux :slight_smile:

Along the lines of an IDE specifically, with C/C++ support, another possible option might be NetBeans. I use this IDE for PHP development, but they also have a C/C++ version:

Download: Apache NetBeans Releases
Setup instructions: Apache NetBeans archive

Visual studio express is pretty darn good if you never plan to leave the MS world. Cross platform / open source systems usually require a fair amount of fiddle farting to get everything to play nice, but once you do its a bigger world as your apps can travel to different systems and architectures

now its never been clear what your program was originally written in, in that case expect some hickups when switching to anything