Fetch: Arduino Data Acquisition/Oscilloscope (Alpha2 Release)

Update! Problem solved! Fetch Alpha2 Release works with both Due and Uno!

I must of had some old files from Fetch Alpha1. I removed all Fetch files from my Arduino IDE to make a clean start and replaced them with the new Alpha2 files.

I tested Fetch with both the Uno and Due back to back and it works great!

Job well done drl81!

cyclegadget, thanks for the confirmation. i can't take all the credit, i've been working on it with a friend who has helped a ton and may show up on this forum at some point to help answer questions, etc.

anyone who is giving Fetch a try, let us know if there are any specific features or fixes to prioritize for next release.

Another update! I tested the my sketch with the Teensy 3.0 and it was success!

Teensy 3.0 works with Fetch!

One note: I had to use a delay(20) because my Fetch datalogger would freeze, possibly because a buffer problem (with the flood of data) with my computer. I believe the user needs to limit how quickly or how often the sketch reports data to the computer.

HY guys.

I am trying to put Fetch working with Leonardo, folowed all steps on the starting guide PDF with the example in the datalloger librarie, all i get is a white screen :frowning: and a kind of a progression green bar on the bottom right of the Fetch window at 25% and don t move.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

Don t know if this helps, the values in "Frame Rate" are changing.

I went to settings and selected the right COM, and the baud rate, everything else unchanged.

Thanks.

serbar, sorry to hear it isn't working with Leonardo. I don't have a Leonardo, so it's hard to say what is going on. After reading the Leonardo Getting Started Guide, it seems the Leonardo is a slightly different animal when it comes to the serial port.

It sounds like it re-creates a virtual serial port on the PC each time it resets. Are you sure you're selecting the correct serial port #? What baud rate are you setting in Fetch? (Baud rate setting in Fetch should match the SERIAL_BAUD definition in DataLogger.h, default is 115200).

The progress bar doesn't mean anything yet. We should probably remove that until it means something, to avoid confusion.

Are you sure you're selecting the correct serial port #?

Yes i am sure, i use always the same port, COM 9 in my computer.

What baud rate are you setting in Fetch?

Yes i sellect in Settings of Fetch 115200 baud.

There is a thread running on this kind of issue for Leonardo concerning similar programs like Fetch.

If you re interested:

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,138885.15.html#lastPost

Thanks.

drl81 do you have any more suggestions?

Your tool is great for my purposes and i would like to be able to use it.

Thanks.

serbar, thanks for the feedback on this. i've been on vacation and haven't been able to dig into this too deeply. i skimmed the discussion in the link you posted.

in Fetch, have you tried going to Communication->Settings and trying each of the options for Handshake?

if none of those options work, we should be able to release something soon that enables DTR. we'll want to verify it doesn't screw anything up for other arduinos as well.

I try all the handshake options, but nothing :frowning:

I look forward to news from you guys.

Thanks.

serbar, try installing the attached version which enables DTR. let us know if it works.

Fetch Arduino Package Alpha2+DTREnable.zip (1.04 MB)

Version installed and working perfect on Leonardo.

Thanks a lot guys.

I can't seem to download the zip file - can someone re-up it please. The code looks very useful!

The zip download works for me, not sure what's going on?

Hello,

I'm fairly new to the Arduino world and the programming world in general. I'm attempting to use Fetch to analyze my analog input on the Arduino Due for chemistry research. Not to sound ignorant, but what parameters would be needed in order to use Fetch to read these analogs? I have connected a waveform generator to the Arduino Due and I'm hoping to be able to view the signal through Fetch.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

krogers21:
Hello,

I'm fairly new to the Arduino world and the programming world in general. I'm attempting to use Fetch to analyze my analog input on the Arduino Due for chemistry research. Not to sound ignorant, but what parameters would be needed in order to use Fetch to read these analogs? I have connected a waveform generator to the Arduino Due and I'm hoping to be able to view the signal through Fetch.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Try the code in Reply #1 it has one analogread being used.

The fetch work great with input signals,

but how can I simulate the output signals, because this is also very important for me

Any help is greatly appreciated, Stiefei

Hi, I am trying to run this in my simple code using Arduino 1.0.3 but I keep getting the following errors;

for 'DataLogger datalogger; // instantiate the DataLogger' I get "error: 'datalogger' was not declared in this scope"

For 'datalogger.ReceiveDAQParams(); // Receive serial data' I also get "error: 'datalogger' was not declared in this scope".

Does anyone have suggestions to address this?

Many thanks.

Does anyone have suggestions to address this?

Post ALL of the error messages. It looks, though, like did not install the DataLogger library in the correct place.