"New" forum

rogerClark:
I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned but on the ipad, something strange happens when typing a reply, so that key input is blocked under some conditions.
It looks like the input key presses are now processed by JavaScript as its very slow.
Is there an option to disable this, as its preventing me posting

Yes I have reported that today and it is in the system. It makes it almost impossible to post on the iPad. I offered to do them a video if it would help but I have not had any reply to that yet.

@mastrolinux, I am still having issues with my profile login @hiduino. Whenever I use my login I only get blank (totally white) pages going to any forum page. I can't even access my profile settings page to edit the layout, it comes up with a blank page also.

That happens on my iPad, all I have to do is swipe down on the screen and it is refreshed.

Nope, doesn't apply for me. I have this problem with any browser, Chrome, Firefox, Safari.

blankpages:
@mastrolinux, I am still having issues with my profile login @hiduino. Whenever I use my login I only get blank (totally white) pages going to any forum page. I can't even access my profile settings page to edit the layout, it comes up with a blank page also.

I've been getting this sporadically on the old forum for some considerable time - and it has persisted into the new forum. Seems to be something to do with cookies or authorisation or something. Currently using Firefox cos IE is barfed, just keeps redirecting to https://id.arduino.cc/auth/login/?go=1%26returnurl%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fforum.arduino.cc%2Findex.php

Please test again the quick reply, it is now in production and properly tested by us. Works for us on both Mac and Linux with Firefox or Chrome.

Another update about the post count. We now how to run the fix but since it is a heavy load task we will run it when the number of connected users will be low. Usually that happens during weekends.

About the number of the posts I did, my account is a new one as administrator (I had a test account in the development servers) and I do not really care about the amount of my posts on the production one.

Anyway as you can see something is changed and we are moving forward. We know there are problems and but if we look at the future now we have:

• A proper way to catalog issue
  • A quick way to integrate SMF fixes as soon as they are released via their Github account (2.1 version is the only version to be publicly available in Github)
  • A quick release cycle where issues can be solved in few hours/days instead of months or years

So please keep updating us with your findings. We will track all the issue and do our best to fix them.

Another update about the post count. We now how to run the fix but since it is a heavy load task we will run it when the number of connected users will be low. Usually that happens during weekends.

Did you run this last night? If you did it was very wrong.

My post count has dropped by over 10,000 from yesterday.

No,

I mean we will run it during next weekend. Going to investigate why that happened to you. Thanks.

@matrolinux, with my other profile login @hiduino, I can access all other pages on the Arduino site, except any forum pages, messages page, and profile edit settings pages. These only come up with a blank screen on my browser. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, all behave the same way. It works fine using this other profile @blankpages. It happened after I tried making changes to my profile edit settings, look and layout settings.

Okay, I think I know what may be the issue with my @hiduino profile settings. I believe it is a timezone problem selecting [UTC-10:00] Hawaii. There seems to be a problem selecting that timezone where is causes web pages to come up blank. Can an Admin change the timezone setting in my profile @hiduino?

Grumpy_Mike:

Did you run this last night? If you did it was very wrong.

Something did happen overnight. The upgrade cut my post count from around 1,100 to 900 and something. Today it is back to its original value (or near enough).

This is out of the scope of the Forum codebase. It is the interaction with another Arduino product. That will be the next big piece of our infrastructure to be updated. Nothing we can do in the short term other than suggesting you to reload the page.

blankpages:
Okay, I think I know what may be the issue with my @hiduino profile settings. I believe it is a timezone problem selecting [UTC-10:00] Hawaii. There seems to be a problem selecting that timezone where is causes web pages to come up blank. Can an Admin change the timezone setting in my profile @hiduino?

Thanks for reporting this hard to catch issue. I would prefer to fix the bug instead of solving the issue only for you. Asking the developers to take a look at it.

No, reloading does not work. I believe it is a problem with the timezone I selected in my profile. Can you change the timezone back to default in my profile @hiduino?

Yep, mine dropped another 1300. I hope this gets fixed, I was just starting to smell 10,000 and now every day it gets further and further away.

Rob

I've lost all threads posted, all messages & the forum search don't work. Please undo this upgrade, it's actually a downgrade.

YAY, looks like the "jump to quick reply" thing has been fixed, thanks guys.

That just leaves unread posts and post counts and I'll be a happy chappy. (oh and the quick edit text box size)

Rob

And code boxes that scroll like they used to, and the ability to copy from a post on an iPad, and the ability to use the "change board" drop down menu on an iPad.

Received PM's are back!

Another one ticked off the list. Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Graham

The links to an embedded Youtube player don't work anymore. The former links appear as plain text only now.

I really liked it to have the chance to add a player with a preview image to my posts.

Helmuth