MicroSD: New Card Issues

I did try the card in with another microprocessor and card reader that I had soldered up this afternoon, which is my own hardware that is very similar to a Teensy++, however, the results remain the same. I too don't believe it is an SPI hardware issue as the 2G "expensive" card works every time without fail. Do you think that there is any remedy that can be made to adapt to this card? I wouldn't mind to send you one or two or run more tests if that would help.

I bought these from a distributor, direct from China, and had them shipped to me. Judging by the manufacturing date that is seen in the tests we have run recently, they are not exactly new. More than likely, the price was too good to be true and I simply got what I paid for. A cheap product for a cheap price. I'm thinking it may be best to seek out another source for cards unless you think you would be able to work with in in some way. I'm not needing extreme performance as I'm just reading and writing about 100 simple text files that are 24 or 32 bytes long in most cases. I just needed removable storage for my application and EEPROM isn't so removable.

Thanks again.

-John