[SOLVED] RX pin doesn't work

SilverGreen93:
What is your suggestion? Should I desolder the tiny line buffer, cut the ground plane/trace, and make a solder blob between #OE and Input? Or is it easier to cut the output trace as I indicated in my screenshot and add a 1K resistor between the buffer output and the RX input pin of the chip? (Presumably both solutions will work the same)

That's a good question. The first replicates the latest Due schematic, so would be the "safe" choice. Those little chips are quite fragile though, I destroyed one in my first attempt at rework. Adding the resistor on the output might be easier and I think is a better solution. I would probably use 4k7 there.

I noticed a few little changes on the Due schematic, there is the T3 mod, plus R23 changed to 1k. D1 has been removed, and D5 added in a different place around the DC jack, X2. (Reverse polarity protection I think). There are other changes on the layout, e.g. IC10 is in a completely different place.

At work, we have to deal with a lot of engineering change control, it seems tedious but turns out to be quite useful!